chapter 24: a journey home

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

when mark awoke from inadequate his sleep, haechan already got out from bed. the emptiness, the space on the bed beside him was disheartening but he thought nothing of it because it didn't matter. he could smell the scent of fried rice being cooked by haechan

the black haired boy's fingers made its way to his eyelids to help the male withdraw himself off his usual drowsy morning.

he trailed to the kitchen, seeing his significant other eating breakfast. even the simplest thing about donghyuck could make him happy like this.

"i think i really am.. crazy about you," mark said which made haechan confused.

the first thing the older says early in the morning are cheesy words.

"the feeling is mutual, mark-hyung,"

haechan continued, "come quick, before breakfast becomes cold"

mark sat on the stool beside haechan and opened his mouth, waiting for haechan to feed him.

haechan grabbed a spoonful of fried rice, not to feed mark but to play a little prank on him. when the spoon was close to entering mark's mouth, haechan changed its direction and fed himself. the younger then stood up, munching on his breakfast and headed to the bathroom.

"sike, feed yourself. i'm going to shower now, i still have a bus to catch"

mark smiles at haechan's remark.

the thing mark also grown to love so much during the time living with haechan is haechan's habit of singing in the shower. mark casually laid on the bed after washing the dishes and listened to haechan humming a song.

the moment the bathroom door opened, donghyuck was already clothed. he saw mark sitting on the bed, looking directly at him.

"uhm? do i have something on my face or do you have something to say?"

"can i come with you? pretty please?"

"don't you have work today?"

"you see, i worked hard yesterday and finished a week of work," mark smiled cutely.

"i see, that's why you went home late. you even ignored me the whole night because you were glued to your laptop," donghyuck rolled his eyes to that bitter memory.

"i did it for you," mark extended his arms, pointing to haechan.

"i'll have to message my mother about it and ask her permission"

"oh, I'm sure she would be delighted to see her son's boyfriend"

"correction! you're not my boyfriend.. yet.."

"okay, future boyfriend and husband then"

"i just sent her a message, let's wait for her response," donghyuck said, sitting down on the bed beside mark, as both he and mark were eyeing the phone screen.