Nowon | Nightmares

For the third time that night, Yuwon shot up in her bed, her heart racing with fear. The creature from the horror movie she'd watched with the Dreamies and Rosies replayed in her head. A shiver went down her spine.

Yuwon hated anything to do with horror, but she was too embarrassed to say anything when Jihye suggested watching a scary movie. Oh, how she regretted not saying anything...

There was no way she was going to be able to sleep again. Unless... I don't want to disturb him, she thought. But... I'm not going to be able to sleep. He wouldn't mind too much, would he?

Deciding to try her luck, Yuwon slipped and journeyed out of the dorm and across the hall to where the Dreamies lived. Both units had the passwords to each other's dorms so Yuwon simply punched the numbers into the keypad and slipped inside.

Yuwon knew this apartment like the back of her hand so there was no need for lights. When she shuffled into Jeno and Renjun's room, she could hear light snores coming from the latter's open mouth. It brought a smile to Yuwon's face.

As quiet as possible, she moved to Jeno's bed and poked his shoulder. He immediately flinched awake, looking disoriented at first then confused once he saw Yuwon.

"Yuwon?" he mumbled, slowly sitting up. "What are doing here?"

"I can't sleep," she replied with a soft voice, not wanting to wake Renjun.

"Why?"

"The movie scared me," Yuwon confessed sheepishly. "I don't handle horror movie well."

"Why didn't you say something?" Jeno asked, shuffling to one side of the bed. It was only a single bed, but he wasn't about to turn Yuwon away.

"I was embarrassed," she replied, climbing under the covers. Holding her arms against her chest, she turned to face Jeno.

"Tell me next time," he said, laying the blanket over her.

She nodded and closed her eyes. Jeno watched her silently. He felt the urge to wrap his arm around her and pull her close but he wasn't sure if she would be okay with that. They were never very touchy with each other and he didn't want to cross any boundaries. Deciding to play it safe, Jeno just rolled over and closed his eyes.

Little did he know that the next morning he would wake up to Yuwon cuddled against his back.