Markrey | Forgiven

Knock knock.

Hidden under her bedsheets and blankets, Audrey gave no reply to the knock at her bedroom door. And yet, it audibly clicked open. In the darkness of her blanket cocoon, her eyebrows furrowed and her lips pinched together.

"Audrey."

She frowned harder, ignoring Mark's coo.

"Audrey, I'm sorry for what I said."

"..."

"Audrey."

"..."

"Audrey, please," Mark begged, reverting their native language. "I didn't mean it. Please forgive me. I'm sorry, Audrey. Please stop ignoring me. I hate it. Please."

"..."

Sighing, Mark fiddled with the bag in his hands. The crinkling plastic of the packet of gummy snakes bumping against numerous small bars of chocolate caused a stir in the blanket cocoon. Hope stirred within him.

Holding the bag up and giving it a shake, he said hoepfully, "I brought a peace offering. Snakes and chocolates. Your favourite."

In a blur of blankets, Audrey shot up and thrust her hands out. "Gimme."

Mark obliged and watched as she tore open packet of gummies and shoved five in her mouth. Knowing he was halfway towards full forgiveness, he took a seat on the edge of her bed as she started on the chocolate.

Audrey munched happily on the smooth chocolate, loving the sweet and creamy taste. When there were only two pieces left of the bar, she paused, bit her lip in thought then snapped the pieces apart. Mark jumped when she nudged him with her hand and wordlessly offered him a bite of chocolate. He took it with a smile.

Now he was fully forgiven.

With crossed legs, he turned to face Audrey and opened another bar of chocolate, evenly dividing it between them.

Once the last of the sweets had been consumed, they laid side by side, eyes focused on the ceiling.

"I'm sorry," Mark said.

"I forgive you," Audrey replied.

"I didn't mean it, really."

"I know."

❛ ━━━━━━ ・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

"So what were they arguing about this time?" Stella asked Melody.

"Whether Tempo or Love Shot was superior."

❛ ━━━━━━ ・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

A/N I wrote this because I don't know how to finish The Predicament 😳