MAMA 2019 | 2

"Are we going to see WayV?" Melody asked the other girls as they got settled into the limousine SM had hired to drive them to the MAMA red carpet.

"Yep."

"Awesome!" Melody said. "I haven't seen Xiao Jun in ages."

Aishi raised her eyebrows with a knowing smirk.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"No reason," Aishi replied.

"He's looking forward to seeing too," Meiyan told Melody, making her smile happily.

They all fell into silence for the next few minutes until Xia noticed Lua continuously checking her phone.

"Lua unnie, what are you doing?" she asked.

"Oh!" Lua looked sheepish. "I was talking to Winwin earlier but he hasn't replied in a while."

"Managers probably took his phone away," Aishi mumbled.

"You know you're going to see him in, like, ten minutes, right?" Xena said with a hint of judgement in her tone.

"Leave her alone, Xena," Meiyan chuckled, throwing her arm around Lua's shoulders. "You don't know what it's like to be in love."

Lua panicked. "Uh, I'm not- it's not- I'm not-"

"Shhh," Meiyan said, pressing a finger to Lua's lips. "Hush, my girl. It's okay."

Xena snorted. "I'm sure SM would disagree."

"But I'm not even-"

"Shush, child."

"You know I'm almost two months older than  you, right?"

"Shhhhhhhhhhh."

❛ ━━━━━━ ・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

The girls watched WayV pose for the cameras for a minute or two before the managers ushered them back onto the carpet. They slotted themselves between the boys and kept their expressions calm despite the giddiness they all felt. Aishi contained her flinch well when Kun put his hand on her back. She pushed it away and turned her head away from him. 

At the other end of the line, Lua was trying her best not to look at Winwin, knowing full well she'd break into a silly smile the moment she did. Xiao Jun and Melody shared a brief hand squeeze behind their backs. Giving the cameras exactly what they wanted, Xena leaned her head against Lucas's shoulder and coyly held her finger to her lips. In the middle of the group, Ten held on hand behind Meiyan's back as she hooked hers behind his neck and pouted her lips, leaning back dramatically and squinting her eyes. They gave a few more funny poses then a few serious then moved backstage. 

❛ ━━━━━━ ・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

The two groups converged backstage as makeup artists fixed them up.

...

"Fabulous, darling," Ten announced to Meiyan. 

"I know," Meiyan replied. She flicked her hair and pouted her lips again. 

Ten laughed and they proceeded to converse in English.

...

"You look good in a suit," Xena told Lucas as a makeup artists fixed her eyeshadow.

"So do you," Lucas replied. His eyes widened. "Wait! I meant you looked good too, right now. Not in a suit. I mean, you probably look good in a suit too."