Seohyuck | Asshole

"LEE DONGHYUCK, YOU ASSHOLE!"

And the chase began. Those who had not witnessed the event leading up to the event would be forgiven for thinking a stampede of elephants had entered the building. It was extraordinary just how much noise a terrified boy and a furious girl could make whilst running through a hallway.

Haechan's heart beat ferociously fast, fear fueling his sprint towards the elevator. His heavy footsteps pounding on the tiled floor echoed through the empty hall. The sound was accompanied by heavier, more determined footsteps. Pounding against the floor, inching closer and closer.

Haechan was panicking now. He skidded around a corner and the elevator came into sight, a few metres away. He came to a halt in front of it and prayed it wasn't too far away. This was his only escape from Seoyeon's fury. God was feeling merciful that day because the doors slid open immediately and Haechan jumped in.

Just as he did, Seoyeon rounded the corner. Haechan was sure he saw steam flooding out of her ears as she screamed, "LEE DONGHYUCK!", and bolted towards him.

Haechan's face fell, horror-struck. Truly terrified for his safety, he rapidly pressed the close door button. Nothing could beat the pure animosity driving Seoyeon at that moment, though.

With mere centimetres left between Haechan and his safety, Seoyeon jammed her hand between the silver doors. Haechan's heart fell to his stomach as they slid open.

Seoyeon stepped into the elevator, which suddenly felt to Haechan like a death trap. She radiated wrath. He whimpered as she took a menacing step closer and pressed himself into the corner. The elevator jolted slightly as it descended but she didn't fault.

"Lee Donghyuck," Seoyeon said in a dangerously low tone.

Her voice sent a shock down his body, turning his legs to jelly. Collapsing, he cowered away from her.

"You absolute ass," Seoyeon said. Her calm demeanour masked the rage inside her. She stepped closer, looming over the shaking ball he'd curled himself into. "You're going to pay for what you did."

Crying out, Haechan shifted to his knees and grabbed her hands into his, holding on desperately. "Seoyeon-ah! I'm so sorry!"

Seoyeon flinched, stepping away from him.

But he followed, shuffling on his knees. Tears welled up in his big doe eyes and he cried out again, "Seoyeon-ah! Please don't hurt me! I'm so so sorry!"

He placed a million kisses on the backs of her hands, shocking her. She didn't show it though, continuing to glare harshly at him.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He repeated the phrase over and over and over until his voice cracked. He threaded his fingers with hers and turned his head up. Flushed cheeks, teary eyes and pure terror did not affect her, though.

"Are you done?" Seoyeon spat, her glare hardening.

The most pitiful whine in history left his pouty lips and he threw himself forward, attaching tightly to her jean-clad legs, arms tight like a vice as he rubbed his head against her thigh. His heart was crumbling. Tears rolled down his cheeks.

He'd never seen Seoyeon so pissed in all his years of knowing her. Sure she'd get mad but she was never this livid. Haechan was really in for it now. Oh, how he regretted purposely mixing her white denim jacket in with his brand new, red sweatpants and sweatshirt.

"You're pathetic."

Haechan squeezed himself tighter against her legs.

"Get off me," Seoyeon instructed coldly. "Donghyuck. Get. Off. Me."

Reluctantly, Haechan detached himself and sat back on his heels. He hung his head shamefully.

"Stand up."

He rose slowly, keeping his eyes to the floor. He was at least half a head taller than her and could easily look right over her if he wanted, and yet, at this moment, he like a tiny ant, something she could step on and squash the life out of. He was at her mercy. 

"Look at me."

Sniffling, Haechan slowly met her deadly gaze.

She took in his puffy eyes, pink cheeks and runny nose. "You're pathetic. You know that, right?"

Haechan nodded.

Seoyeon sighed heavily and her whole demeanour suddenly shifted: the anger melting off her, her eyes softening, her body physically relaxing.

Haechan's eyebrows pulled together a little.

"You ass," Seoyeon said, reaching up to flick his forehead.

He recoiled and pouted. "Ow."

"Ow?" Seoyeon demanded. "You're lucky that's all you get. That was my favourite jacket and now it's completely ruined thanks to you."

"I'm sorry, Seoyeon," Haechan said genuinely, frowning.

Rolling her eyes, she scoffed and turned her back to him. Realising they were on the ground floor, Seoyeon hit the button for the dorm floor and kept her back to Haechan as the elevator rose.

Haechan sniffed again. "Seoyeon?"

She ignored him.

"Seoyeon?" he repeated, shuffling close to her. He stood at her side but she kept her eyes forward. Putting on his puppy eyes, he held her arm with both hands and shook himself side to side cutely. "Seoyeonie~"

Nothing.

"Seoyeonie~" he whined louder, bouncing and shaking. "Seoyeonie, pleeeeeeeeaaaaassssee."

His aegyo was wasted on her, though.

Haechan huffed and pouted. Then, deciding to switch tactics, he moved behind her to snake his arms around her waist. He'd never tried this with Seoyeon before and was curious to see the result.

His lips were inline with her ear as he whispered lowly, "Seoyeon-ah."

He felt the tiniest flinch and smirked. Then he dipped his head towards her neck. His breath fanned against her neck. A shiver ran down her spine in response. This inflated his ego and daring, so Haechan let his lips brush against her skin. Her back arched slightly. Just as he began to apply pressure, the elevator doors opened with a loud ding.

Gasping as though she's just woken from an intense dream, Seoyeon flung his arms away from her and whirled on him.

Haechan looked at her with false innocence. He saw the flash of panic in her eyes before they narrowed to a glare.

"You're paying for my new jacket," she growled. And then she punched him in the gut. Hard.

An "oomph" popped past his lip as he doubled over in pain.

"Asshole," Seoyeon spat one last time before rushing back to the dorm where she found the nearest pillow and screamed into it.

❛ ━━━━━━ ・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

A/N Well this was a ride. I'm so proud of it, though. Over 1000 words. I hope you all liked it (^.^)