The Predicament | 3

The music finished and the heavy breathing of ELC Rose filled the room. Their comeback was a week away and they were consistently practising every day to make sure with was perfect.

Dior flopped onto the floor. "I'm exhausted."

"Good jobs, guys," Jinri said, disconnecting her phone from the speakers. "That's probably enough for today."

"Thank God," Seoyeon sighed as everyone moved to collect their things.

Eunji saw Jihye hurrying to grab her bag. "Her, Jihye!"

Jihye flinched, her eyes wide. "S-Sorry, Eunji, my-my mum's picking me up. I've gotta go. Goodbye." And she scurried out the door.

Eunji sighed. It'd been like this all week. Ever since that game of Truth or Dare, Jihye had been avoiding Eunji. So had Chenle. Jisung had been acting weird, too. He wasn't talking to Chenle as much. It's all my fault, Eunji thought.

❛ ━━━━━━ ・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

Jihye's mum wasn't really picking her up, she just didn't want to hang around. There was a pit of guilt in her stomach, but Jihye didn't know how to talk to Eunji after what she'd heard. Her best friend had a crush on Chenle! The Chenle that she herself had a crush on!

Ding!

The elevator doors opened and Jihye moved to step in but froze.

Jisung met her eyes. Jihye couldn't tell if he was as shocked to see her as she was to see him, but he still offered her a tight-lipped smile as he exited the elevator. Jihye took his place inside and watched him walk away until the doors closed.

❛ ━━━━━━ ・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

"You know, Jinri, darling... you never did tell us about your date with the lovely Jaemin."

"DIOR-"

❛ ━━━━━━ ・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

Frowning at the metallic floor, Jihye wondered how he was feeling about this whole thing. She didn't have time to ponder over it, though, because the elevator stopped at the next lowest floor and Jihye made eye contact with the second person she'd been avoiding.

Chenle's eyes widened.

❛ ━━━━━━ ・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

"Yuwonie~ remember that time you kissed Jeno and didn't tell us... you should totally tell us."

"DIOR-"