Forgiveness Part 2: "I Love You"s

Rigby sat up off of his trampoline after a short nap. It was now 8:23pm and he and Mordecai were going out for dinner. It wasn't technically a date, but after what happened earlier, is sure as hell felt like one. Rigby took a shower, styled his hair a little, and sprayed on some cologne for the first time in years. It was Mordecai's, but that was beside the point.

Mordecai performed a similar routine and grabbed the cart keys off of the hook.

"Rigby, are you ready?" Mordecai shouted upstairs from the front door. Mordecai heard footsteps and a couple crashes and bangs before he heard the bedroom door open upstairs.

"I'm coming!" Rigby shouted as he made his way downstairs. Mordecai smiled when he saw him.

"You look nice." He said. Rigby's cheeks showed a slight tint of red as he looked back at Mordecai.

"Th-Thanks... You too." Rigby said with a nervous smile. Mordecai grinned at the his friend.

"You nervous?" Mordecai asked. Rigby nodded slightly. Mordecai awwd at how adorable he was. "Don't be, it's just me." Mordecai comforted, getting down to Rigby's level on one knee and putting his hand on his shoulder. This calmed Rigby down a bit. "Wanna hold hands?" Mordecai asked. Rigby nodded and took Mordecai's hand when he held it out.

They walked out the front door and down to the cart just in front of the house before driving to new resteraunt in town called "Smith's". They hadn't been there before, but Eileen had recommended it to Rigby when he asked about nice places for first dates. They were seated at a table after a short wait and brought the drinks of their choice.

Mordecai took a sip of his Cola as he looked at Rigby. Rigby was very nervous. He kept knocking things over when he went to reach for them and stuttering halfway through his sentences.

"Dude, stop freaking out." Mordecai said to him in a calm voice. Rigby did calm down a little bit, but he was still stuttering and anxious. Mordecai was well aware of this, but he didn't know what more to do to calm him down.

"What is someone sees us here?" Rigby asked with worry in his voice. Mordecai rolled his eyes and shuffled closer to Rigby on the leather seat, placing his arm around Rigby's shoulders.

"What if someone sees us here? We're just hanging out." Mordecai replied in a matter of fact tone. Rigby's spirits fell a little when he heard this. Mordecai noticed this and rubbed Rigby's shoulder with his hand.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked. Rigby looked up at Mordecai with watery eyes. Mordecai half expected him to apologise about the acceptance letter again, but he didn't.

"N-nothing. It's just I kinda thought this was a date." Rigby admitted. Mordecai's heart melted.

"Aww dude, it can be if you want?" Mordecai said. Rigby's eyes lit up again and he hugged Mordecai's torso. Mordecai smiled. "What happened to people seeing us?" He asked jokingly.

"I love you." Rigby said simply. Mordecai felt a warm feeling inside as he hugged Rigby back.

"I love you too."

----------

The couple arrived beck at the house late; around 11pm. Mordecai was tired and so was Rigby, so they decided to head straight to bed. Mordecai had one question on his mind since they made it an official date earlier; would Rigby want to sleep on his bed?

As the door to the bedroom opened, Mordecai knew now was his only chance to ask.

"Hey Rigby?" Mordecai said quickly. Rigby turned around, his face being illuminated by only the light from the doorway.

"Yeah?"

"So we're a couple now right?" Mordecai asked, wanting to reassure his assumption.

"Yeah."

"So... Don't couple's sleep together?" It sounded incredibly strange to Mordecai, asking his best friend of 17 years to sleep with him that was, but it also felt right. Before Rigby had even said yes, he was on Mordecai's bed preparing to snuggle up.

Mordecai smirked and closed the door behind him, leaving only darkness in the room. Mordecai felt his way over to his bed and lay down, soon finding Rigby purring in his arms.

"I love you man." Mordecai said. Rigby didn't give a spoken response, only a nuzzle to the chest and a purr. Mordecai was satisfied.

[This is just a cute little one shot which I decided to break up into two pieces. I hope you enjoyed and I'm sorry I haven't been updating my stories as much, I've just been really busy with school and work recently, but hopefully I'll have some more time to start working on them again soon :) Until then, Peace out <3]