Moments

Just a little warning, this one gets a little steamy towards the end ;)
For once, the blue jay and raccoon duo could sleep soundly. Every chore which had been assigned to them that day had been completed with time to spare, meaning they had some time to relax before bed; a rarity for the two of them.

The door to the pair's shared bedroom flung open, hitting the wall with force as they made their way to their sleeping quarters. 

The blue jay stretched his back out before promptly collapsing on his bed, letting out a sigh of content. A similar set of actions were copied by the much smaller raccoon, the only difference being that his bed was the small exercise trampoline in the middle of the floor.

"Dude," The raccoon started "We totally kicked today's butt!" He said before performing an exaggerated kicking motion, almost falling off of his poor excuse for a bed. The blue jay snickered at the display. 

"Yeah, I guess you could say we did." Mordecai mused, a wide grin on his face.
"Dude, it's only nine thirty." The raccoon stated. "You know what that means?". The avian's smile seemed to widen upon the realization of what he was talking about.

"Video games!" They both said in unison. They both excitedly pulled out their handheld gaming systems which they had recently acquired and pressed the on buttons at almost exactly the same time. What was so fascinating to the pair was that these new systems allowed them to play with each other without the need for pesky cables. They both quickly launched into their favorite game and invited each other.

After playing a good five minutes of the game, Mordecai's mind began to wander slightly onto other things. After all, beating Rigby didn't require him to concentrate a whole lot. His mind began to call back to earlier that day on their lunch hour. He could swear that red robin was slowly warming up to him. He decided to ask his furry friend's opinion on it.

"Dude, I think Margaret is starting to notice me more." He stated. Rigby, still 100% focused on his game, let out a grunt of frustration. Mordecai had just hit him over the head with a chair in the game.

It took a few more blows to Rigby's character until Mordecai had finally killed him.

"Dangit!" The mammal shouted. Mordecai smirked. "I think you're reading too much into it, dude."

"What?" The blue jay said quizzically.

"About Margaret," The raccoon answered "I know you think you're making progress, but to me she still seems to barely notice you're there."

The blue Jay scoffed at the remark.

"Then how do you explain the way she's always so... smiley around me? She hardly ever stops!" He retorted.

"Dude," Rigby exclaimed "She's a waitress.". Rigby's statement was met with a stare of confusion. "It's her job to smile at customers!".

This statement hit the avian hard. He felt like a 1000 foot wall had suddenly been placed in the middle of his pathway to happiness, blocking him from going any further. He felt hurt, which is what led him to lash out.

"At least I like girls." He said. Rigby immediately turned to his friend, glaring a glare usually only death himself could pull off. The avian immediately felt the stare burning a hole in the side of his head.

"We don't. talk about that." The Raccoon said through gritted teeth.

"Why not? You were all like 'Oh, Mordecai! Please fill me with self worth, for I have recently come to the revelation-" The blue Jay was cut short as he was tackled by his best friend from the left side. Kicks and punches flew as Rigby tried desperately to poke him in the eye.