Whatever (Bonus Story)

[I had this little idea and I have no idea where else to put it so...

Also, this is completely unrelated to the other chapters in this book.

Disclaimer:
This one shot is a bit darker than most of my other stories, so just keep that in mind. Nothing crazy, just sad-ish.]

Mordecai was drunk.

There was no doubt about it. Last time he had a bad breakup, there he'd been no alcohol in the house, and that was probably for the best. It was currently 11pm, and he was sitting in the desolate and messy kitchen by himself, a bottle of cheap vodka in his left hand.

He took another long gulp, the liquid burning his mouth and throat as it fought its way down.

At least the pain distracted him from thinking about CJ. Mordecai stood up, slowly stumbling his way into the equally wrecked living room and slumping down on the couch, sitting on the remote in the process. He heard a small crack under his ass as he quickly tried to stand up again, only to fall face first into the coffee table, the bottle of vodka slipping out of his hand and shattering on the floor.

He sat up after a couple seconds, his back against the couch again. He looked to his left at the shards of glass surrounded by vodka, then back up onto the couch to see the TV remote almost in two pieces, only being kept together by only a single wire. He stood up slowly, examining it more in his hand before hucking it as hard as he could against the window.

"FUCK YOU!" He screamed in a drunken stupor as he did so. A small chip appeared in the glass where the remote hit it. Mordecai allowed himself to fall back onto the couch as warm tears began to run down his face. Why couldn't he just keep a meaningful relationship with a girl?

"Mordecai?" came a small voice from the stairs. Mordecai turned to see a blurred image of his groggy best friend standing on this stairs.

"Hi." Mordecai said nonchalantly as he allowed the tears to flow free. Rigby took a few steps into the living room to survey it. There was a strong smell of alcohol and there was beer cans and other trash laying everywhere. He noticed the puddle with broken glass in it on the floor, and quickly pieced together what the noise had been.

He looked up at Mordecai again, who was now staring intently at the ceiling with tears running down the side of his head.

Rigby once again didn't know what to do. He'd found himself in this situation several times in the past week, and it was getting old.

"You need to stop drinking, man." Rigby said softly. He looked for any reaction from his avian friend, but none came. "Dude?..." He tried again, hoping for a response. The one he got wasn't the one he wanted.

"I wish it could just stop." Mordecai slurred. Rigby looked at him helplessly.

"What do you mean?" He asked, being careful not to use his usual snarky tone. Mordecai's head fell back down, his gaze resting on Rigby.

"Everything." He said flatly. Rigby physically flinched at his resonse.

"Dude, don't even say that." Rigby said to him harshly. This caused Mordecai to sob, before quickly bursting into waterfalls while looking straight ahead.

"I'm sorry." He sniffed. "I just... Why does it have to be like thiss?" He slurred once again, drawing out his 'S's for much longer than he needed to.

"Don't worry man, I'm sure you'll find someone." Rigby comforted as he jumped up onto the couch and pat Mordecai on the back.

Mordecai once again looked at Rigby, his eyes drowsy and wet.

"Why do girls have to be so complicated?" He sighed. Rigby stared at him for a few seconds. He had asked himself the same question a few years ago, just around the time he started to discover s little more about himself.

"Come on man, you need to-" Rigby was cut off by Mordecai slumping over to his left, right onto Rigby. Rigby, unable to keep upright, also fell down to his left with Mordecai pretty much on top of him. "Dude, get off me." He said, still trying to keep his voice soft. Mordecai ignored him and kept using him as a pillow.

"You're comfy." he said, laying his head directly onto Rigby's stomach. Rigby sighed and laid down, trying his best to get comfortable. He cautiously draped his arm around Mordecai's neck, trying to get himself a little more comfortable as he figured they'd be there a while.

"Whatever."

[[Hey guys :)

I know I'm way over my deadline on my other story, but things are heating up at school now and I don't really have enough time to work on that story that much.

I'll still be updating it, just not very often. I will probably be posting just cute little one-shots in this book mostly from now into the foreseeable future.

I hope you enjoyed it, and again, sorry for my lack of activity :)

Peace out :)]]