6. Crisis

"Namjoon, just go! You look fine!", jin whined at he sat on the bed behind namjoon who was busy checking himself out on the mirror.

"But, hyung!! What if I don't look good? Oh my god, what if he thinks I ain't decent? Or what if-","Just shut up! You're stressing me out, goddammit! If he didn't think that you're hot, why would he even talk to you in the first place?", jin rolled his eyes, to show that it was a matter of fact. Namjoon huffed in annoyance. He wasn't nervous. It was just that he had a feeling in the pit of his stomach which made him uneasy.

His past relationships were not the best. And he didn't want the same with taehyung. He wanted to impress him but he also wanted to show himself, who he really was. Not as RM, but as Kim Namjoon.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and he was snapped out of his thoughts. "Y-yeah?", he asked, taking deep breaths.
Seokjin was looking directly into his eyes. And namjoon knew that he was serious.

"See, Joonie, forget what I said about looks. Yeah, you're sexy and all", jin said which made namjoon giggle a little. "but that doesn't mean he'll fall for you. He agreed for a date because you're a nice person, joon. He knows you are. Believe me when I say that he's gonna like you no matter how you dress. Just show him who you are. Show him how nice of a person you really are. Be yourself, and he's gonna love you", the brunette finished.

Namjoon started with all the adoration and admiration for his hyung. He knew that people didn't take seokjin much seriously because of all his jokes and comic antics but namjoon knew that he could be serious when he wanted to. And at times like these, he spoke nothing but truth. So, he nodded skeptically but smiled nonetheless, leaning forward to hug his brother.

"Okay, hyung. Thank you so much for this", he said softly and felt seokjin nod on his shoulder. "Yeah? Now go! He must be waiting", seokjin laughed and shoved namjoon out of the door who rolled his eyes and made his way downstairs and outside the house.
______________________________________

After some agonizing hours at the photoshoot, Taehyung was finally home, blaring music while applying his makeup in the bathroom of his apartment and getting completely dolled up for Namjoon tonight.

He didn't need to do that because he was irresistible either way. He knew he was. When he was with jimin, the elder never failed to remind him that he was exquisite.

They had been best friends since childhood. Even before taehyung joined the modeling industry. Even when he wasn't famous, he tended to appear quite expensive, maybe he had this knack for giving off the impression that he was someone famous whenever he went out. He wasn't sure how it happened but jimin said it was mostly because he keept in style, knew how to keep himself up and how to speak to others who are more important than him in order to get what he wanted.

To be honest, he never tried doing any of these, it just came naturally. Maybe that's why he went into modeling in the first place. But a few years in the industry made him realize that the world wasn't as good as he had thought it to be. From the happy social butterfly, to the mysterious, stylish man, it was like he changed in seconds.

He couldn't say he liked the change. It was why he stopped speaking in the first place. But that was a story for another time.

Men hadn't been able to say no to him. He was that person everyone wanted to have a taste of. His confident was something he took pride in. But he hadn't been to dates for what felt like a century.

An actual date.

It was sort of surreal, only because taehyung stopped going on dates a long time ago since ever.

In fact, he really couldn't even remember the last time he let any guy or girl take him somewhere alone and intimate in an emotional sense, even something simple like dinner. If there was a person he was interested in meeting, then they'd agree to meet up at a party or a club and then take it from there.

It was way easier than getting into scandals and unnecessary controversies. Being in the industry for more than a couple of years at such a young age, he had had his fair share of problems and scandals ti deal with.

Against the stereotypes of most men he met, taehyung didn't need to be dined or spoiled, and he was really  not into those guys who tried to impress him in those ways.

He never needed expensive gifts or shiny things to fall for someone. He was rich enough to do those things for himself. He never liked going on dates after he broke up with his last partner some years prior. It wasn't necessarily his fault but he had been the reason why he didn't. Maybe one or two, but that was that.

Dates were way too intimate. It meant that feelings had the potential to evolve and blossom into a distraction from his career, from his job and from what he needed to do. And after his last relationship, he didn't want his heart broken again.

And dates usually lead to awkward conversations down the road where tae had to tell them that he was just not interested.

So why he was going out with Kim Namjoon tonight was truly beyond him.

Namjoon was amazing. There was no doubt about it. From the day taehyung had laid eyes on him, he was all but too pretty. And since the day he met him inside the lift, Taehyung knew that the man was different. He was sweet, gentle and caring even when they were mere strangers. He was the only person after seokjin, Jimin and jungkook, who made him feel at ease.

When the moments were quiet today, taehyung didn't deny the fact that he was having a small crisis earlier. He could literally feel his head slipping into destructive thoughts of cancelling the date and just sticking to his normal routine and not going out with namjoon at all, so he didn’t further complicate both of their lives.

And with jimin being discharged from the hospital a couple days more than three weeks, his absence didn't help taehyung's nervousness.

But then he’d thought about the way they kissed, how stupid and giddy Namjoon made him feel. And after planning the date today, how Namjoon had broke out into the most beautiful smile he had ever seen, his deep dimples gracing his slightly puffy cheeks. And for tae, it was like watching an actual ray of sunshine explode right in front of him.

Namjoon was an angel. Everything about him felt just too dreamy and perfect. And those feelings were also very stubborn and difficult to deny.

And regardless of Taehyung's day being absolutely busy, after the photoshoot, tae started throwing his clothes around the room trying to pick out the perfect outfit for the night. For their night. Together.