14. I only love you

"Babe, I'm sorry, I couldn't call you yesterday", Namjoon apologized. He heard a chuckle from the other side of the phone but it wasn't the usual sweet sound, it was bitter, cold.

"I did", Taehyung said simply. "Hmm?", namjoon questioned. He didn't realize what taehyung was talking about. "I mean, I called you. Y-You never picked up though", Taehyung said.

Namjoon frowned and then he remebered the events from the previous night. He had ignored taehyung's call because he was upset about Jackson.

"I'm sorry, baby. I was caught up with something. I'll make it up to you", Namjoon said. He could practically feel taehyung smiling. "Okay, my plane l-lands in t-two hours. Pick me up?", he asked cutely.

Namjoon smiled, nodding, though quickly realizing taehyung can't see him. "Yeah, yeah sure. Two hours it is", he said. "Get some sleep before you land, babe. I'll see you at the airport", he adviced and taehyung was quick to comply. "Yeah, love you", the younger mumbled. "Love you, too", namjoon said back and hung up the phone.
_____________________________________

Namjoon a long black pea coat over a
black tee and black Jean, face covered with a white mask and a black beanie covering his head. It was cold but that wasn't the reason why he was dressed up like that.

He didn't want anyone to recognize him. His and taehyung's relationship was not yet public since taehyung wasn't ready to tell the world just yet. Namjoon was fine with that. He just wanted tae to be comfortable.

So, namjoon stood there and waited for his boyfriend. It was getting colder by the time tae's plane landed, so namjoon was thankful he wore some layers.

"Joonie!", a voice screamed, startling namjoon and the people nearby. Namjoon turned to his right and was met with a very hyper tae running excitedly towards him, suitcase in tow as his distressed bodyguards ran after him.

Namjoon opened his arms and taehyung didn't waste a moment before tackling the elder in a hug, namjoon almost fell back down as he tried to steady them both.

"Welcome to London, baby", Namjoon whispered happily, kissing taehyung's temple. Taehyung giggled softly as he hid his head in the crook of Namjoon's neck.

They stayed like that for a few minutes, taehyung holding onto namjoon and namjoon just rubbing his back soothingly. It felt good.
"I missed you", taehyung suddenly whispered, breaking their comfortable silence.

"I missed you, too", namjoon whispered back, frowning when he felt his collarbone getting soaked. "Baby, shh, don't cry. Let's go home, hmm?", Namjoon comforted and taehyung nodded, not letting him go.
_____________________________________

"You wanna talk?", Namjoon asked as he settled ice cream tubs on a tray on taehyung's lap who was currently covered in a fluffy red blanket. Taehyung shook his head, not ready to talk about his unreasonably negative thoughts.

"Okay, that's fine. We can talk about it whenever you're ready", namjoon replied. Taehyung was grateful that namjoon wasn't pressing for answers. "Which one?", Namjoon suddenly asked and taehyung flinched. He was a bit surprised.

His boyfriend smiled, a small laugh escaping his lush lips as he tipped his head back, laughing without making much noise. "I was asking about which ice cream you want, silly", he said, laughing again. Taehyung couldn't help but notice namjoon's cute dimples, the way they pierced through his tan cheeks. Beautiful. That was the only word which could define namjoon at the moment.

When namjoon was done laughing, he quickly got under the covers, an arm going around taehyung's shoulders to hold him close as he played the sixth episode of The Untamed, his current favorite drama.

After four hours of continuous binge watching, namjoon was getting sleepy. His eyes started dripping close but taehyung's voice made him jolt awake.

"Can I ask y-you something, J-Joonie?", taehyung asked softly. Namjoon nodded sleepily. "Go on, honey", he said. Taehyung seemed nervous as he fidgeted with his fingers before taking a deep breath.

"Why didn't you p-pick up m-my call?", he asked. "You were worried about that?", namjoon asked, a bit surprised. He didn't expect taehyung to be worried about just a call

Taehyung flushed, embarrassed. "Leave it, it's stupid", he said, turning to his side. "Hey, hey. I'm not gonna leave it and it's not stupid if it got you worried", Namjoon assured, wrapping an arm around the younger's waist to pull him closer.

"I couldn't pick your call 'cause I met my ex", Namjoon said, not elaborating. "Your ex?", taehyung mused. Namjoon hummed against his shoulder. "Yeah, my ex. He's an asshole though", he explained.

"Why?", taehyung asked. He was wondering why namjoon didn't like his ex 'cause taehyung's ex was like, his bestest friend. Though, of course he knew not everyone becomes bff with their ex.

"I'll tell you someday", namjoon slurred, voice heavy with sleep. He couldn't keep his eyes open for any longer but taehyung wasn't budging. "Why not now?", he whined, feeling uneasy.

"Tae", Namjoon warned. He was getting irritated because he was sleepy. And a sleepy namjoon is an annoyed namjoon. "Okay, fine", taehyung huffed and turned around in Namjoon's hold.

Namjoon smiled when he felt tae's lips on his own. He rested his hand on the curve of taehyung's back, not breaking the kiss. Moving one of tae's hands, namjoon kept it on his own chest, right above his heart.

"Trust me, I love you. Only you. My ex means nothing to me", he whispered against tae's lips, words slightly slurred. Taehyung broke the kiss, smiling with something akin to relief.

"I love you, too", he said back, holding namjoon close as he removed his hand from Namjoon's chest and instead, pressed his ear on the clothed surface. Namjoon's heartbeat was steady and calm.

Tucking his boyfriend's head underneath his chin, namjoon wrapped them tighter under the blanket, pressing soft kisses to his boyfriend's head.

"Sleep well, my love", he whispered, grinning with happiness.

"You too, Joonie", taehyung whisperes back.