15. The Concert

"Jackson, please stop! I told you I don't care about you anymore! I don't love you anymore! Just leave me alone for fuck's sake!", namjoon barked on the phone, getting angrier with each passing second.

"Damn, chill. I'm just calling to ask if you wanted to meet me. I just wanna end us in good terms", Jackson huffed from the other end.

Namjoon wanted to punch him. Jackson was acting like a bitch. All those years ago, he never cared about namjoon. And suddenly he wanted to end things in good terms. Namjoon didn't understand what Jackson was planning.

Taehyung came from behind, standing in front of him. He didn't say anything, just stared at namjoon for a while before sighing and going on his tiptoes.

Namjoon made a confused face before he was being kissed. Taehyung held onto his face lovingly, dragging their lips together. Namjoon sighed into the kiss. It was slow and steady, calming his nerves.

When taehyung separated them, he smiled cheekily at namjoon. Raising his hands, he started signing.

Why are you always so tense?

Namjoon laughed slightly at that, pressing his and taehyung's foreheads together. "M-My ex", he stuttered out. Taehyung's jaw went slack and namjoon planted an open mouthed peck on his mouth.

"Don't w-worry. I-it's fine", he said. But taehyung knew it wasn't fine. Namjoon never stuttered unless he was anxious. And he did seem pretty wary of his ex. This made taehyung even more wary.

Babe, don't think too much about him, yeah?

He gestured. Namjoon nodded his head. He wasn't planning on letting Jackson roam around in his mind.
"Yeah, I'll take care", he said finally, assuring taehyung even though he was having trouble assuring himself.

"You're coming to my concert today, right?", Namjoon asked. Taehyung smiled and nodded. Of course he was going to be present at his boyfriend's concert.

Namjoon smiled and hugged him tightly, giving him a small kiss to the crown. Taehyung grinned, loving the warmth dripping from Namjoon's grasp.
______________________________________

"Where's he?", Yoona, Namjoon's makeup artist asked. She was well aware that the rapper had mentioned about his boyfriend coming to the concert venue. However, there was no sign of any unrecognizable face.

"He must be on his way", Namjoon said, not really assured himself but he had to keep his hopes high. Yoona just nodded, seemingly convinced. She was a nice girl, always being encouraging to him and all the other celebrities she worked with.

Namjoon took deep breaths when he was escorted under the stage. The plan was to lift the small wooden platform up until Namjoon reached the stage. The performance would start right then.

Namjoon loved performing but hated crowds. Of course he knew his fans loved him and were happy to see him but it wasn't his fault that people made him naturally anxious.

He jumped a bit and took another set of deep, warm breathes, trying to calm his nerves. Holding the mic tightly in his hand, he stood at the platform, all dolled up for his performance in one of his favorite cities.

As the platform slowly lifted up, the faint cheerings from his fans turned loud and piercing. He could hear the chants of his stage name. The excitement, the energy, the glee, everything was radiating through the large crowd.

Once he was on stage, he looked at the crowd, encouraging and full of youth. The night was still young and he had people wanting to hear him, his voice.

Namjoon smiled the crowd, waving softly. The whole stadium broke out in screams and applause. He was on cam and he had to give his best, just like he always did.

He took the mic near his mouth and adjusted his ear piece. When the music started, namjoon did too, spitting fiery verses, passion burning inside as he rapped, rough and hard.

When it was time for the last track, Namjoon made a mistake of looking towards the front seat for taehyung. Because even if taehyung wasn't present, there was a face all too recognisable.

Jackson Wang.

He was the last person namjoon wanted to see. But he couldn't do anything about it. He just hoped Jackson had bought his ticket as a fan, not as his ex.

Their eyes met met for a brief minute and Jackson smirked, making namjoon shiver. What kind of tricks was he playing with Namjoon's mind?

Shaking his head, Namjoon took a shaky breath, exhaling away from the microphone. There were a few minutes barren before he could start his last track for the night.

"This one's for a special someone", Namjoon said, bold and confident. The crowd was quick to pick up on his words, screaming and clapping. Namjoon smiled. His fans were happy for him and that's all he could ever ask for.

After the performance ended, Namjoon was escorted backstage so that he could prepare for his endingment. He always loved endingments since he got to express his thoughts to his fans. It always felt safe and secure with them.

"Hey, everyone!", Namjoon greeted and everyone greeted back, cheering and waving their lights. "This is really the end, huh?", he chuckled sadly. This was the end of his tour for his latest album. London was the last stop.

"Don't be sad. I'll be back. I promise", he promised and joined both of his pinkies together, making the audience coo. "To be honest, I was waiting for the special someone I mentioned earlier. But for some reason, he couldn't come", he said, voice shaking. He knew he was overreacting but his anxiety was getting the best out of him.

"I-I just want to say, Taehyung, if you're seeing this, I really love you, idiot. And I wanna see you right after this", he said, tears dripping down his face. There were gasps and sobs heart as everyone was shocked because namjoon never cried.

"Anyway", namjoon chuckled, lightening up the mood. "Army, I hope we can see each other again soon. Please love yourself for who you are and never let anyone decide your worth. You're all special in your own way. I love you", he finished with finger hearts.

Lowering down from the stage, namjoon couldn't help but smile at the fan chants. Once he was in the green room, he took a deep breath, rubbing his chest right where his heart laid.

The door suddenly opened and namjoon gasped in shock. His mind went blank, eyes widening in horror when he saw who it was.

"You looked a bit too lovesick out there, Joonie".