18. Friends

"Taehyungie, I'm so happy to see you again", jimin said softly, smiling from ear to ear. Taehyung grinned back just as cheekily. He opened his arms for his shorter friend who happily tucked himself into his warm embrace.

"I missed you so much", Jimin said, voice cracking a bit. Taehyung pulled back and looked into his lovely eyes.

I missed you, too. Do you know how scared I was?

Taehyung gestured, fast and precise. Among all of his friends and even Namjoon, Jimin was the only one who could understand his gestures with lightening speed.

Jimin smiled slowly and sat on the porch swing, getting comfortable with the cushions. Taehyung joined him soon after. "I know. When I had that accident, I thought I wasn't going to make it", Jimin answered, chuckling.

Taehyung huffed angrily and slapped Jimin's arm harshly. Jimin whined but his smile never left his face.

Don't ever say that again.

Taehyung gestured, sniffling quietly. Jimin was one of the most important people in his life. In fact, he was the only important person in his life. That is, until namjoon came into the picture. And of course, if Jimin would be with jungkook forever, then he'd become an inseparable part of his life, too.

"Okay, I'm sorry", Jimin said, still grinning like a cheeky little idiot. They swung back and forth slowly, enjoying the silence that felt comfortable, not suffocating.

"Are you happy?", jimin asked after a few minutes, making taehyung flinch. He wasn't expecting the sudden question. Jimin rubbed his lower back, an apologetic grin on his face. "Sorry", he apologized for startling the younger.

Taehyung just shook his head and smiles, going back to being silent. "Are you happy?", Jimin pressed, figuring that taehyung might have not realized that he had yet to answer the question.

Like, right now?

Taehyung gestured, just to be sure. Jimin nodded. "Right now and also in the upcoming days, you know?", he turned towards taehyung. "As much as I love the fact that you're happy currently, I want you to be sure that you'll be happy with Namjoon hyung in the long run", he said with as much conviction as he could muster.

Well, I'm happy right now. Isn't it all that matters? Shouldn't we not care about the future and focus on the present?

"Well, that's true. Not gonna deny. But...", jimin trailed off. Taehyung rested his head on his shoulder and caressed his knees gently. "...You're my best friend, Tae. I can't help but worry. You remember how we thought we would be together forever?", jimin asked, wanting Taehyung to be certain about whatever decisions he made regarding namjoon.

Taehyung twined their fingers together. We're together. He gestured slowly. "YOu know what i mean", jimin whined, pouting down at him. Taehyung giggled, a small, flickering sound.

Me and you loved each other in a best friends--- platonic soulmates kind of way. We mistook our love for something it wasn't. We were bound to break up. But me and namjoon are different. It's like what you and jungkook have but it's special in its own.

Jimin nodded in understanding, mouth agape in awe. He hadn't thought about it this way. After this answer, he could be truly sure that taehyung would be a hundred percent happy with namjoon and the relationship they had.

After another ten minutes or so, jimin started speaking again, gaining taehyung's attention.

"I wonder what kookie and namjoon hyung are talking about".
_______________________________________