✯ Chapter〖2〗| Ally but Enemy ✯

Each school had its own entrance to the Theater of Tales. It was split into two halves with the west door opening to the School for Good and the east opening to the School for Evil.

Lyra honestly couldn't possibly be less thrilled for the opening, knowing it was going to be super boring. Actually, anything to do with Pollux was boring. She preferred Castor so much more.

Pollux and Castor were a dog with two heads. One head was called Pollux and the other was called Castor.

Pollux looked, to Lyra, sissy. Though he was known as being the 'nicer' head of the two, Lyra thought he was just plain annoying.

Castor, meanwhile, always bared teeth at everyone who he crossed paths with and talked really loudly. He's extremely fierce, but that's what (in Lyra's opinion) made him cool and most importantly a School of Evil faculty member.

As students from each side filled the seats, Lyra heard the faint sound of the stomp of boots and the clash of steel growing louder and louder. . .

The west door flew open to sixty gorgeous and handsome boys in sword fight.

The boys playfully crossed blades, sweat glistening on their glowing faces. Ever girls drooled as they watched the boys sword fight.

Lyra, however, couldn't wait for them to stop wasting everyone's time.

Finally, in a last chorus of movement, they drew roses from their shirts and with a shout of 'Milady', threw them at the girls who most caught their eye.

A beautiful girl with waist-length gold hair, succulent lips and topaz eyes found herself with enough roses to plant a garden.

Her name's Beatrix, isn't it? Lyra thought as Beatrix flashed the boys a dazzling smile.

This was the first time Lyra saw her, and she already hated her.

In the decayed pews, Nevers booed the princes, brandishing banners with 'NEVERS RULE!' and 'EVERS STINK!'

With a bow, the princes blew kisses to villains and prepared to take their seats when the west doors suddenly slammed open again—

A prince with hair a halo of celestial gold, eyes blue as a cloudless sky and skin the color of hot desert sand, walked in.

Tedros.

Forty boys came onto Tedros at once, but he disarmed them each with lightning speed. When the last had been left swordless and dumbstruck, he sheathed his own sword and shrugged, as if to say he meant nothing by it all.

The Good girls jumped and waved kerchiefs when they saw him pull a rose from his shirt.

The boy smiled and lifted his rose high in the air, his eyes searching the theater until his eyes met Lyra's.

Instantly, his smile turned to a playful grin as he threw it at her as if it was his way of saying hello.

Lyra stared at this agape. She wondered what he was thinking as he did so. Ever girls on the other side glared at her while Nevers stared at her bewildered.

Lyra returned a smile at Tedros as she sniffed the rose, as if admiring its sweet scent, before breaking it into half.

Tedros' grin didn't fade away, as though seeing her here was enough to have made his day.

Unlike the rest of the students, Lyra knew him very well.

When she was traveling at the young age of 7, she had stopped by Camelot to steal food (her stomach wouldn't let her survive another day if she didn't)