❈ Chapter〖7〗| Wrong Coffin ❈

"HELP! YOU WANT ME TO HELP A NEVER KISS AN EVER?! I'D RATHER STICK MY HEAD UP A HORSE'S —"

"Calm down, Hester," Lyra said, then turning to Sophie, she frowned. "Sophie, Nevers don't go to balls."

"We don't find love," Anadil stated, shaking her head. "To even look for it is to betray your own soul—"

"You want me to go home?" Sophie snapped. "Then put a hex on Tedros so he asks me to the Ball."

Absolutely not! Lyra wanted to scream. Tedros should be deciding who he wants to go to the Snow Ball with. Not be forced to go with a Never, who (for all Lyra knows) only likes him for his looks.

Sophie had just explained to them that in order for her to kiss Tedros, she would need to be his date for the Snow Ball.

Hester, of course, went into a rage.

"THE BALL!" Hester screeched. "HOW DO YOU EVEN KNOW ABOUT THE BALL?"

"A villain at a ball?" said Dot.

"A villain waltzing!" said Anadil.

"A villain curtzing!" said Lyra, shivering at the thought.

All four witches collapsed into howls.

"I'm going to that Ball," fumed Sophie.

"Presenting the Witch of Woods Beyond!" Hester cackled through tears.

By lunch, Hester was no longer laughing.

First of all, Sophie had earned first place in uglification when she tried to make her hair look better (her attempt had clearly failed), second of all, Lyra's name had finally beaten Hester's and was now second on the ranking board (Hester had shoved her hard), and third, Lady Lesso seems to be treating Sophie especially nice, caressing her short hair and giving her a wart for an incorrect answer.

At the end of the day, Hester was writing to her relatives for love spells.

✎﹏

Colten sighed, disgusted.

It was Surviving Fairy Tales and Yuba had just told them the day's challenge involved Ever and Never girls climbing into coffins and turning into identical princesses. The Ever boys will then try to choose the coffin which held an Ever inside.

Well, it was originally just the Ever boys until Hort and a couple of Never boys told Yuba they wanted to play too, which was pathetic.

Colten honestly couldn't imagine why anyone would want to join this challenge. If it were up to him, he wouldn't pick any of these girls, firstly because girls were disgusting and a bunch of hypocrites. And second of all, who in the right mind would want to kiss their hands?

A slap would be better. . . Colten thought, grumpily.

Oh how he wanted this challenge to be over as fast as possible . . .

For now though, he would shrink into the background. Hopefully if he blended well enough, the challenge would pass and Colten would get out unscarred.

"Col! Hey! Colten of the Frost Plains! Come hereeee!" Hort's voice called.

Colten turned to his roommate with a blank stare. "No."

Hort whined. "Come on, Col! It's not every day you get the chance to kiss a girl. . ."

Colten was no longer listening. A few feet away another conversation had peaked his interest.