☠︎︎ Chapter〖6〗| Answer in the Graveyard ☠︎︎

"What if he tortures her? What if he breaks her limbs? What if he kills her?"

"For the last time, Lyra, she'll be fine," Hester said, annoyed, as Yuba explained how they were going to go on the Flowerground.

"Honestly, the Beast killing Sophie would help us a lot," murmured Anadil. "We would no longer have to deal with an annoying, pink nuisance and Hester would have one less obstacle to deal with."

"Oh you guys think too much," Dot said, munching on a chocolate pencil. "Sophie's a witch! She'll be alright. You all saw what she did to Hester at Special Talents last time. And I thought Hester was wic—"

Hester slapped Dot so hard on the back, she chocked.

Lyra rolled her eyes. Before Surviving Fairy Tales, both sides of the school had been called to the Clearing for an assembly involving the rumors of how Evil was cursed to always lose. A fight had broke out (though Lyra honestly didn't know how) and Sophie had somehow managed to throw a fallen branch at Lady Lesso's face (it had actually been aimed at Hort)

This resulted in Sophie being sent to the Doom Room and Agatha being locked in her tower.

"Look, since you guys are soooo certain she's gonna come out of the doom room alive, let's think about the riddle." said Lyra.

The three witches groaned. "We've got nothing," Hester said. "The only option we have is to murder her ourselves."

That was exactly what Lyra was afraid would happen. She didn't want an innocent student to die. And she most certainly didn't want them to have someone's blood on their hands before they've even reached fourth year.

"Honestly, Lyra, solving riddles is totally your kind of thing," Dot sighed. "I'm sure you'll figure out sooner or later."

"Gee, no pressure there." Lyra mumbled.

"Well we can't just leave it all up to Lyra, can we?" Hester groaned.

"I'm sure we'll think of something," Lyra assured firmly. "For now, let's get back to our groups."

Her friends let out frustrated sighs and walked back to their groups.

Lyra couldn't blame them. She knew how much they loathed Sophie, yet there was nothing they could do that didn't involve murdering the poor Reader.

As she walked back to Group #5, someone blocked her path.

She raised her eyes to meet icy blank ones.

"Colten," She greeted curtly.

"I know the answer to Sophie's question," said Colten abruptly.

"Of course you do," Lyra said sarcastically, moving away towards her group.

"I'm serious," Colten said, blocking her once more.

Lyra crossed her arms. "Well then say it. Don't leave me hanging."

Even though she couldn't see it, she could hear Colten's mouth curled into a malicious smirk. "Beg me first and then I might consider telling you."

Lyra glared at him as she went to move pass him. "I don't have time for this, Colte—"

"Oh, but you do," Colten said, gesturing to Yuba who was failing to call the conductor.

"I will never beg for something from you," Lyra snarled.

Colten's stance didn't falter. "Now, now, don't get all feisty with me. I know you and your roommates are desperate for the answer. Unfortunately for you guys, none of you have my wits or my talent."