☏ Chapter〖5〗| An Unsolvable Riddle ☏

"Lost in a strange land, the girls wanted to go home."

Agatha stared at the Storian as it wrote on the book which claimed to be about their fairy tale.

After their punishment for their bad behavior during Surviving Fairy Tales, she and Sophie had finally come to the agreement that they had to go home.

Agatha was beyond happy, and the two had flew to the School Master's tower without getting caught (though there was a lot of obstacles which she would not explain).

The only this is, they found out that the Storian had started a Fairy Tale about them, of all people. And because of this, the School Master is refusing to send them home (or switch schools, Sophie had added)

Agatha felt like crying. They had just survived being burned alive by boots and the Storian trying to stab them alive only to have no result.

She stared at the Storian once more to see it write: "Stupid girls! They were trapped for eternity!"

"So there's no way home?" Agatha asked.

"Not unless it's your ending," the School Master said. "And going home together is a rather far-fetched ending for two girls fighting for opposing sides, don't you think?"

"But we don't want to fight!" Sophie exclaimed.

"We're on the same side!" Agatha cried.

"We're friends!" Sophie said, clasping Agatha's hand.

"Friends! " The School Master marveled. "Well, that certainly change things. You see, a princess and witch can never be friends in our world. It's unnatural. It's unthinkable. It's impossible—"

"Then what about Lyra and Tedros?" Agatha asked, remembering how Lyra had walk Tedros back to Good's Tunnel of Trees before rushing back to Evil's. "They're friends! Best friends, even! So how can they be best friend if it's so "impossible", like you said?"

The School Master didn't say anything for a moment and the room was silent. Then he turned to Agatha and grinned, "Who's to say Lyra is actually evil?"

✎﹏

Lyra jolted from her bed, surrounded in a puddle of sweat.

She looked at the clock to see it was only 3 in the morning.

That was one strange dream. . . She thought.

Images of Sophie and Agatha in the School Master's tower flooded her mind. That's when the School's Master's grin flashed across all the memories and she frozed.

"ᵂʰᵒ'ˢ ᵗᵒ ˢᵃʸ ᴸʸʳᵃ ⁱˢ ᵃᶜᵗᵘᵃˡˡʸ ᵉᵛⁱˡ?"

Lyra slapped her face.

It was just a dream. And that's what it'll always be.

A dream.

Just in case, she turned to look at Sophie's bed to see Sophie sleeping soundly.

She let out a sigh of relief and prepared to go back to bed—