♡ Chapter〖8〗| Cupids and Love Spells ♡

"THAT GIRL'S A SHAMELESS MONSTER!!!" Tedros roared, nearly overturning his food basket.

Lyra covered her ears as she winced. "Inside voice, please."

"Sorry," Tedros muttered, waving away Ever boys who raised their eyebrows at his sudden outburst.

Tedros had managed to remain calm and ignore Sophie for the past few days but today, his patience seemed to have finally taken its toll.

It was recess and the two friends had decided to settle down beneath a large willow tree.

"You're overreacting. Sophie just has a crush on you, that's all," Lyra said ignoring Tedros who made a face a this. "Hey, you're King Arthur's son! The guy all the Ever girls want to marry! And you're telling me you can't handle a girl who fancies you? Don't pull my leg."

"Lyra, it's not that simple," Tedros said, looking tired. "I actually began to like Sophie! But then I learned her true colors, and for all I know now, she uses her friends, calls them fat calls them liars and then betrays them! She and Agatha are like two peas in a pod! It just took me way too long to see that."

Tedros sighed. "Well at least she can't get any worse right?"

Lyra didn't reply. She hadn't told him about Sophie wanting to hex him into liking her, and though she felt extremely guilty for that, she knew Tedros would be so furious, he'd kill Sophie right there and then.

In the end, she decided that Sophie would be able to handle things herself.

But, boy, was she wrong.

✎﹏

For a weeklong challenge in Henchmen Training and Animal Communication, students from both sides had to tote assigned creature sidekicks everywhere they went.

Lyra had gotten a beautiful phoenix and the two had bonded straight away.

The only thing was, while Lyra wasn't having any trouble with her sidekick, the others did.

For the first few days, trolls tossed Nevers out of windows, stampeding satyrs stole lunch baskets, baby dragons set desks on fire and animals christened the Good Hall with mountains of dung.

Due to her phoenix's ability to heal with its tears (She learnt that phoenixs were incredibly emotional creatures), Lyra had spent her entire time ever since this event had begun in the infirmary treating injured students.

When she'd finally got the chance to get out of the darn room, she couldn't help smiling from ear to ear.

She could almost say she missed the dark, gloomy corridors.

Walking towards a window, she gazed outside. Before her stood the School of Good, with its glorious towers made of blue and pink glass and glistening crystal lake.

How beautiful. . . Lyra thought, mesmerized by its beauty.

That's when she realized someone was staring at her directly from the window across hers, at the School for Good.

Their eyes met. Tedros grinned at her, his cheeks turning red.

Lyra smiled at him and the two friends waved at each other.

The peaceful atmosphere was soon gone however, when she heard someone swearing from the corner.

She turned to see Colten clutching his shoulder which seemed to be bleeding. When he noticed her, he immediately turned around, walking back to the direction he had came from.