THREE

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

         " I'M REALLY SORRY JUNHO. but my decision is final; you can't. mr lim strictly said. the man took out his glasses and began rubbing his eyes— junho couldn't really tell whether he was frustrated with him or the work that he has been doing.

" but mr lim—"

" my decision is final. it's not fair for your classmates junho." the man let out a sigh, " if you still want to do the project individually, then i'm afraid i have to lower your marks than the rest of your classmates."

junho could feel his own body immediately went stiff after hearing those words coming out from his own teacher. a bad grade, that's one of a hell type of nightmare.

is he really willing to risk this small project just for a bad grade?

another sigh was heard, this time it was a bit louder than before. junho could sense a bit of frustration coming from him.

mr lim then leaned onto his chair, " i understand your situation junho. i really do and as your class teacher i'm trying my best to make sure that you feel comfortable. but don't you think it's time for you to finally realise? you should be out there interacting with different kinds of people, getting to know your own classmates. you're in your senior year now—this is your last chance to finally make friends." the man said, somehow ended up giving him some sort of advice instead of lecturing him. " i just don't want you to regret once you've become older."

junho understood what mr lim was trying to prove to him. but unfortunately, there's nothing he can do about it. it was as if he gave up on himself in changing. this is him. he was taught to be like this. he can't just simply change in a blink of an eye.

junho tried to come up with another excuse that he could use—but nothing came into his mind. but at last he could only nod and reply, " i understand."

suddenly, a familiar figure entered the room.

it was none other than cho seunghee. of course.

junho wondered why did it had to be her out of all people. he was already embarassed and still felt a bit guilty for telling her off in class earlier, and now he's even more embarassed to the point that he couldn't even look at her face since he failed to convince mr lim to switch partners for her and let him do the project individually.

seunghee was seen carrying a handful of paperwork with her hands. she went to mr lim's spot inside the room and placed the papers on top of his desk, making sure it doesn't fall or else it'll scatter all over the floor.

she'll be in deep trouble if that happens.

" here you go mr lim! 200 papers printed just like you've wanted! " she exclaimed with a grin on her face, happy to help her own teacher.

seunghee then noticed junho's figure standing right beside her. he was just a few steps away from her spot. shit, she thought. she never knew she would bump into him during this hour, since junho doesn't often stay back after school unless it's for their extra curricular activities.

seunghee tried her best not to panic over the fact that her crush is standing right beside her. being so close to him made her realize the small details on his god-like face. how can a person so beautiful like junho could exist? god really went all out for him huh. just a glance of him could make her heart skip a beat.

but then again, a part of her wondered why junho was here. probably trying to persuade mr lim for the group project. she thought to herself once again.

" thank you seunghee." mr lim thanked her. " oh! you're suppose to be junho's partner for the project right? " he suddenly asked.

she turned to junho, who was obviously trying his best to avoid making any form of eye contact with her. seunghee hesitated to answer her teacher's question for a second—thinking whether she should side with the boy next to her or speak out the truth. but eventually, she ended up nodding her head." yes, i'm suppose to be his project partner."

" i'm leaving first—thank you mr lim." junho suddenly bowed and excused himself, before walking away from the both of them.

seunghee knew the boy didn't want to actually hear what their teacher had to say next regarding about the matter. she clearly saw that he was disappointed and was feeling rather uncomfortable with the current situation he was in. so it was best for him to leave rather than staying.

at least he's gone now. she felt relieved once he left the room. now she doesn't have to act so dense and stiff since her crush isn't around anymore.

" you know seunghee, junho is a good kid." mr lim told, eyes focused to the boy who's leaving the room.

he then turned back to face seunghee. " i feel bad seeing him like this. maybe you could help him? huh? show him what it's like being an eighteen year old, a senior in highschool. basically— you."

" uh—i'll try my best? " bro how the fuck am i suppose to do that. she thought to herself.

somehow hopefully, she will be able to help him, just like mr lim wanted her to do.