TWENTY-FOUR

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

" GO TO THE DRESSING ROOM. they'll do your makeup." his mother instructed.

" but mother—"

" the interviewers are coming in an hour, junho. we wouldn't want to show the public our—less flawless side now do we? " she spoke, not even letting him finish his sentence. " now, go and wear something suitable. don't forget that we also have a business gathering tonight. make sure you don't act like your age." the woman said her final words before leaving the room.

junho let out a frustated sigh and laid his body on top of his bed, staring at the empty ceiling above him. why do i have to live like this. he thought to himself.

suddenly, a knock came from his door. " come in! " he shouted and rubbed his temple.

the door slowly opened and revealed jiyoon, smiling down at him. " hey! are you getting ready? "

" i guess—you? "

" i was about to head to my room, but i decided to check up on you after i saw mom leaving your room." jiyoon chuckled. " looks like someone is having a mental breakdown once again? "

" why do we always have to be involved in their business interviews? i find it irritating. it's not like i can even have the chance on saying anything. i'll just sit there prettily looking like a porcelain doll and that's pretty much it." junho complained.

the older sibling shook her head. " i know it can be frustrating at times, but we have no choice now do we? "

the boy let out yet another frustrated sigh, before sitting up from his bed—straightening up his own body." whatever. i need to change or else she's gonna go complete ballistic on me again."

" sure, i'll give you some space." as jiyoon was about to leave, she suddenly stopped on her tracks and turned back to face him. " oh! by the way, wooseok is coming tonight."

junho raised a brow." really? "

" yup! he texted me earlier today. he told me that he missed you."

" why is your fiancé suddenly coming over? isn't he like—busy? " he questioned the girl.

" he took a day off after he received an invitation from our dad for the gathering tonight." she replied. " i'll get going now."

" yeah, sure. "

" DESPITE BEING BORN with such lavishes and complete wealth, you and your family are still considered one of the happiest and most loving family in whole of south korea. what do you think? " the interviewer asked jiyoon.

" i am forever grateful to have such a understanding yet caring family. my parents have been supporting me ever since i was little and my little brother has always been my bestfriend ever since we were kids." jiyoon replied to the question given and spared a glance to her parents; who nodded their head—signalling she's doing well.