FOURTY-THREE

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

knock! knock!

          " JUNHO DEAR." mrs han entered the room, with a tray in her hands that consist of a bowl of porridge and a cup of tea for the young master.

junho placed his phone aside after texting seunghee and stood up from his bed. " yes? "

" here's your food, and your parents are back. they would like to meet you in their office." she informed him.

he nodded his head and muttered a small 'thank you' to his maid, before leaving his own room. nervous, he began fidgeting with his own fingers while trying to calm himself down. it's gonna be alright. everything is going to be alright.

once he arrived, he stood in front of the room for a mere second. taking a deep breath and letting it out, trying his best to picture calming things inside his own mind, before stepping further and finally knocking on the door.

it took a minute before he heard a faint voice telling him to 'come in'  from the other side of the room. twisting the doorknob, junho took a deep breath once again for the last time and finally stepped into the room.

his mother was seen arranging a few paperworks on the coffee table while his dad was doing some office work through his own pc. the two adults turned to look at their son immediately after he entered, halting their work.

" uh— you guys wanted to see me? " he peeked through the door.

" yes, take a seat son." his father instructed and he nodded, following his orders.

" you do know about yesterdays sudden turn of events— right? "

junho nodded while trying to adjust himself onto his seat. " yeah, she came here to meet you guys."

" that's correct." the man locked eyes with the boy in front of him. " did she told you anything? "

" not really? " he shook his head, trying to recall if seunghee ever told him anything that he might forget. he was sure that he didn't heard anything from her rather than the fact that she confronted his two parents. " she didn't really told me in detail." junho replied.

there was silence between them afterwards. but surprisingly this time the atmosphere, there was no tension or pressure or anything like he ever felt before. it was just a calm, long but peaceful silence.

he was about to speak until his mother cut him off before he could even finish. " are you going to see your her after this? " she suddenly asked.

the question itself shocked him, but he tried his best to not looked surprised and compose himself. he nodded, " yes, she texted me earlier to come over."

junho was ready to accept the fact that his parents are probably against him to ever seeing her again, but a promise is still a promise. he said that he'll tell the truth, and he'll do exactly what he said. he doesn't want to lie to anyone anymore, he doesn't want to cause anymore conflict.

" sure, go then."

he widened his eyes. " w—what? "

" you can go." his father chuckled. " you have our permission."

are they okay? am i okay? is everything okay? he thought to himself. out of all the answers— that was not what he expected the most. though, he was still grateful nevertheless. but did his parents, the quote unquote 'reincarnation of the rich devils themselves' as to what minhee said, just allowed him to go and stay over at his girlfriend's house for a while? whom they despised?

or perhaps they used to despise.

" uh—okay. then i will. thank you." he bowed, before popping up a question afterwards out of curiosity. " but why? "

" isn't she your girlfriend? " his mother raised a brow. " or did you guys broke up? "

" oh— no! no, not all." junho cleared his throat. " i mean— why? i thought you would disapprove."

" after yesterday's incident i think she has proved several things towards us." this time it was mr cha's turn to clear his throat, before continuing. " her points were valid. she seems to really know you junho, compared to us even. it amazes me really." he smiled, " the things that she had to go through, just for you."

" surprisingly, she even managed to convince us as well. no wonder you're all wrapped around her fingers." mrs cha chuckled. " it took a deep toll to us. and after much discussion, we've decided that it's final; we'll go with your own way."

" w—what? are—are you serious? "

" yes, we'll go with your decisions and plans." his father agreed, " it is for the best, for your own best."

junho felt speechless and was overwhelmed with joy after hearing these words coming out from his own parents. he swore he could've burst into happy tears right at that moment, but somehow instead of crying— he put up a smile. a smile that shows how satisfied and happy he is.

" thank you! " he stood up from his seat and went to hug the both of them, embracing them gently. though skinship between him and his parents were not common, but the interaction still felt warm and he liked it. " thank you."

junho
hey

junho
i'm outside ur place

seunghee
be right there!!

         " HEY! " seunghee greeted him happily, arms opened as she waited for a hug coming from him. " you're kinda early."

junho didn't say anything but instead he leaned closer and embraced her into a warm, tight hug. seunghee was a bit startled by it of course, since the grip on her waist was quite unusual than how he always hugged her.

with a smile, she giggled and returned the hug as well. " hey—is everything okay? "

" everything's perfectly fine now." he said, in a low tone voice as if he was whispering, but she could still clearly hear him. " everything is perfectly fine."

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

AUTHOR'S NOTE

quick question, do any of y'all watch haikyuu? LMAOOOOO i just wanna see something 👁