FOURTY-FOUR

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

" I'M GONNA MAKE SOME POPCORN FOR US. you want some? " she offered him, and he nodded his head as a reply.

seunghee made her way towards the kitchen while junho took off his coat, carefully placing it aside on the coat rack. " your brother went on a date? "

" yup! he told me he'll be back late since he's playing with his band today so—" she replied from the kitchen. " have you eaten yet? " seunghee asked as she entered the living room, this time with a bowl of popcorn in her hands.

" yeah, i should've brought some food on the way here, sorry." he rubbed his nape, " i feel bad now."

" don't be." she giggled. " i'm not that hungry anyways, there's a lot of junk food inside this house if we ever get hungry. but let's just eat this popcorn for now." she nudged him gently. " you still haven't told me why you've been so happy and smiley— did something happened? "

the pair sat on the couch, with seunghee scooting closer to his side as she handed him a small blanket that was perfect for the two of them to share together.

junho ruffled her hair and laughed, " i guess you can say that." he then began to explain to her what happened at his house earlier, eyes sparkling as he told her every single part of the story. the news was too good to be true and he wanted to make sure that he told her everything about it.

she on the other hand was quite surprise by what happened— she didn't expect for them to agree with her of course. she honestly thought things could've gotten worse even than before as she could only hoped for the best. somehow, listening his story made her felt goosebumps on her skin. it was all too much to take in.

but nevertheless, she was extremely happy for him. she felt so thankful that his parents manage to see through her message.

" that's great! " seunghee slide an arm across his wait and gave him a hug by the side, " i guess things are back to normal now? "

" normal and better." he smiled and leaned closer to her side as well, snuggling under the blanket that the both of them shared. " now, let's forget about all of this for a while and spend time together—just you and me."

seunghee could feel her cheeks burning, thank god she managed to turn off the lights in the living room earlier or else it would've been embarassing to see her cheeks flushing red. she also felt butterflies in her stomach when he mentioned the last sentence. it was a nice feeling, she loved it.

" i don't know why but ever since you've gotten your phone you're becoming much more of a tease." she shoved him playfully and let out a small giggle. " what happened to the quiet junho who doesn't even like to do group projects? "

he laughed once again, reminiscing the times when they first met a few months ago. he had to agree; a part of him had changed ever since he met her. " if it wasn't for you i wouldn't have dated you by now."

" you better thank god for that."

" i do." junho smiled, patting her head gently. " so glad that he made you became my project partner." he began to intertwine his hand with her's, his smile becoming wider. " thank you for everything, thank you for standing up for me, thank you for being there for me, thank you for showing me what it's like being an eighteen year old. just thank you. words can't describe how much it means to me." he continued.

seunghee chuckled, rubbing his palm gently with her thumb. she could feel her heart bursting into bubbles. oh how she wished she could capture this moment in her life forever.

" shut up! there you go being all mushy again."

they spent the rest of the night with small talks and a movie or two, though they didn't really paid any attention to the television—instead, their attention was towards each other. sometimes they would talk about school, sometimes they would talk about each other's interest, sometimes they would talk about random topics and would crack a joke or two. it was as if they had the whole night to themselves, spending their time together with each other's presence and leaving all of their old problems behind.

it was a warm night, and they enjoyed it.

" I'M HOME." seungyoun entered the house and took off his shoes. " seunghee? " he raised a brow, wondering where she was. usually she would reply back to him unless she had fallen asleep. but knowing her; she wouldn't have slept around this time.

as the older boy walked a bit further to the living room, he then spotted two familiar figures sitting on the couch, leaning against each other—with seunghee's head on top of junho's shoulder, and his head was on top of her's. the two of them were sleeping peacefully with a small blanket wrapped around them to keep them warm.

seungyoun smiled at the sight of the two teenagers. it somehow reminded him back when he was their age. with a small chuckle, he shook his head and fished out his phone from his pocket.

he approached them closer and took a quick picture that he could use for blackmailing later; just to tease his little sister once in a while. he then took another one afterwards so that he can send it to jiyoon, just in case she started texting him, asking about junho's whereabouts.

after that, he left them alone and went to his own room— feeling extremely tired from his own day but yet he was somehow satisfied and happy for his sister as well. he was glad that she managed to work things out with everything, and he was proud of her for being such an amazing person in general.

but of course he wouldn't tell that to her face directly—or else she would become 10x times more annoying.