SEVEN

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

" I SEE YOU'VE BEEN RATHER BUSY LATELY." dongpyo said, with a little smirk on his face.

both eunsang and hyeongjun who were sitting beside him immediately turned their gazes towards the smaller boy, wondering who was dongpyo referring to.

" it's junho." minhee said, unbothered. his eyes were too focused on the magazine that he was reading.

junho (who was too busy doing his calculus work) eventually looked up from his book and turned to dongpyo, with a brow raised. " what do you mean? "

" you know what i mean! " this time dongpyo let out a cheeky smile, as if he was teasing him. " you and seunghee are becoming close lately."

that immediately grabbed everyone's attention, including minhee's.

" seunghee? cho seunghee? " hyeongjun repeated. " i thought you're not very fond with girls."

" we're just project partners." junho told them off and continued doing his own work, trying to ignore more questions coming from his friends.

" yeah right. " a small 'tsk' was heard afterwards as dongpyo continued, " i saw you hanging out with her everyday after school. not to mention that i saw you guys in class too the other day during recess, just the two of you! "

" she was just being nice and tried to accompany me. we're nothing more." he told them off once again, this time not even batting an eye.

junho wondered how dongpyo knew all of this. random thoughts started popping inside his head. did he stalked me? how did he knew?

but in the end, he just shrug the thought off. he didn't really wanted to have an argument with his own friends regarding about this matter. it's not like they'll believe him anyways— no matter how hard he tries to defend himself. that's because they're just too stubborn to do so.

however, he did admit that he appreciate seunghee's presence around him. although it started very awkwardly at first, eventually he's starting to become more comfortable having her presence around. she was a good companion, very cheerful and lively.

eunsang, who has been quiet the whole time suddenly spoke up. " i think it's good that junho is going for a change. at least now he's hanging out with someone who isn't us." he then patted his friend's back. " good job buddy."

" plus, seunghee's nice! not to mention she's cho seungyoun's younger sister." hyeongjun grinned and gave his attention towards the boy, " you've picked the right person, junho! "

" i'm gonna go and buy some refreshments, i'll be back." junho closed his book and stood up from his seat, leaving his friends behind.

" geez, what a bummer." dongpyo pouted. " hey, minhee! aren't you friends with seunghee as well? " this time he turned to the other boy, who was still sitting silently in his own seat.

" shut up dongpyo." minhee rolled his eyes and throwed the magazine that he was holding to dongpyo's face, making everyone laugh as the small boy shot a deadly glare at him.

JUNHO needed a break from all the talking. the conversation somehow made him felt uneasy and overwhelmed. it also made him lost his focus in completing his work thanks to the four distractions surrounding him.

he placed a small bill inside the vending machine and started pressing one of the buttons. a few seconds later, the clinking sound of a can dropping from the machine can be heard. once he took it out, he opened the can of coffee and took a large sip before throwing the now empty can inside the dustbin nearby.

suddenly, a small thud! can be heard a distance. though it was faint, it was still loud enough for him to notice. turns out, it came from the file room located just beside the vending machine. where all the students profiles made by the school were placed together inside the small cubicle.

junho felt curious and decided to check out and see what was going on. he twisted the doorknob open and peaked his head into the room, as his eyes scanned throughout the small cramped place filled with nothing but files and dusts.

he then spotted a familiar figure on top the floor—grunting in pain as she rubs her own back.

junho couldn't help but smile. how clumsy.

once she made eye contact with the boy, she started to look down and avoided making any sort of eye contact. she was clearly embarrassed by the incident and by her own self. junho noticed her ears and cheeks were starting to get red too, and his smile became wider.

" let me help you." he said, lending out a hand.

she took his offer and got back to her feet. " thank you." she bowed her head slightly, appreciating his convenience.

" what are you doing here? "

" oh! that—ms hwang asked for my assistance to help her get some of the student's profiles in here. but it seems like she placed it at the very top of the shelf and it was a hit too high for me." she laughed at herself, admitting that she was a bit short compared to the large shelves between them . " so i thought maybe i could just—you know—jump and grab it, but look where i ended up being." seunghee then covered her face with both of her hands, feeling embarrassed once again.

junho let out a laugh and thought about how cute she was. he then looked up at the very top of the shelf and saw a dusty box filled with the student's profiles she was trying to get a hold on.

the boy grabbed the box—so easily without even tip toeing— and handed it to her.

" damn! why you gotta be so tall? " seunghee said with a pout, disappointed by her own height. " but thanks junho! you're a life savior."

" it's nothing much." he was just glad that he could help the girl in need.

suddenly, the door clicked.

" hey seung—what are you two doing? "