FOURTY

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

" WHY DID YOU GUYS BRING HER HERE? " junho locked the door behind him before crossing his arms to his chest, tapping his feet several times on the floor.

" she wanted to talk to you. she's eager to talk to you. but your mom snatched her up before we could even step inside your house any further." minhee replied.

his eyes widened. " she's with my mother now? "

" yes—and don't worry. she'll be fine." mia said, trying to ease the tension between the both of them. she knew if she didn't butt into the conversation any time soon, things would get out of control and eventually lead into a massive argument.

" you know she's not suppose to be here better than anyone. bringing her here to face my parents will only make things difficult! " he ruffled his hair and let out a frustrated groan. " i need to go and talk to her myself."

" don't." minhee immediately stopped him from leaving the room. he then let out a sigh, " i know things aren't going well right now— it's obvious. but she came all the way here just to face your parents and help you. do you know how much courage does it take for someone to do that? " he stated. " you're the one who's going to fuck things up and ruin her chance of settling this whole drama down with your parents."

" he's right junho." mia said, placing a hand on his shoulder. " i know you're worried, we're all are but i think it's best if you don't rush her. she knows what she's doing— you know that."

junho rubbed his eyes and sighed. but his friends were right, there's no denying that. maybe he's just too engulfed with his own feelings and worries to the point that he felt the need to rush and do things on his own.

maybe he just needed some rest.

" you're tired. you should sleep." minhee said, as if he had been reading his mind all along. though it was obvious based on how he looks all along— his body is weak, his eyes were red and seemed like it would shut at any second.

" i can't." junho told him, trying his best to keep himself awake. " i need to wait for her."

" but—"

" i'll wait for her." he continued. " i'll always wait for her."

" YOU, YOUNG GIRL. you surprise me." mr cha let out a gentle chuckle before placing his phone on his desk and taking his seat on his own little chair. " you're actually better than what i expected. no wonder the boy is head over heels for you."