twenty two

ѕσng: uѕ αnd thєm - dєrєk pσpє

ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴏᴠ

"so the first thing we're going to do is go from the top of the stairs to the bottom," Kian stated. Crawford and Kristen had been sent inside whilst you and Jake would be discussing on their behalf.

"how many times do you think your partner can go up and down the stairs in three minutes?"

you thought for a second but Jake spoke first and he was starting off low, "I think Crawford can do it once."

"well I think Kristen could do it three times." you folded your arms and stared at him. Jake mirrored your position.

"I bet Crawford could do three and a half." Jake smiles and immediately confused you so you turned towards Kian and jc, "we can do halves?"

the duo looked at each other before Kian answered your question, "technically yes because half would be down and a full one would be down and up."

"let's not do halves because it'll confuse-"

"-alright," Jake interrupted Jc, "I bet Crawford can do four."

after a few minutes of debates, Jake finally suggested that Crawford could do six flights of stairs. you jogged over to the steps and peered over the top, immediately remembering how many and how steep they were.

 you jogged over to the steps and peered over the top, immediately remembering how many and how steep they were

"I call bullshit. No way Crawford could run down and up that many times," you said after a moment of thinking. this caused a reaction from Kian and Jc and you instantly regretted the decision of making Crawford only do it six times but it was too late to change your mind.

-

"your partner said you could do six and that's when ʏ/ɴ called it," Jc told Crawford, "so you have to do six up and downs in three minutes."

Crawford smiled, "oh that's easy."

you stared at him and then at Kristen; you worried that your poor debate skills would risk her place within the house. however she gave you a reassuring smile.

Kian leaned over and said, "if he doesn't complete it, you and Kristen get a point."

Jake and Crawford heard this, causing them to cuss as a result of sudden distrust in themselves. Crawford took one last double take at the flight of stairs he'd be running on and you heard him comment, "I'm just scared I'm gonna eat shit."

-

as Crawford reached the top of the stairs for the sixth time, you all watched as he collapsed to the ground. he'd won the point as he'd completed the challenge in less than three minutes.

you and Jake knelt down beside him and Jake shook him to ask if he was okay. Crawford could barely look in his direction but after the first minute of being on the ground, he finally managed to ask for a bottle of water.

as you handed it to him, he sat up a little to drink it before immediately lying flat on the ground again and you decided to give him space whilst he cooled down.

Kristen was talking to Trisha and she looked terrified - none of you thought Crawford would be able to win that challenge and yet he proved everyone wrong. you wanted to apologise to her but it seemed as though she could read your mind and laughed, "it's not your fault that Crawford's apparently super-human."

-

"this is the second mini-challenge in the one-up the other challenge... yeah. alrighty, we have two bowls for two hands." Jc drew your attention to a bowl of ice situated on the couch beside you.

"y'all's partners are going to put their hands in the bowls of ice and the bid is for how long you think your partner can keep their hand in the ice."

you stared at the bowl as you thought back to trisha being able to sit in ice for a while and decided that Kristen would be able to do the same. she was a fighter and she'd keep her hand in there for however long she needed to.

you started off low like Jake had in the previous round, "she could do it for a minute."

Jake smacked his lips, "okay... Crawford could do it for two."

you hesitated before replying with three minutes 45 seconds, in which Jake called bullshit.

-

Kristen plunged her hands into the bowls and immediately began talking as to distract herself from the spiky pain she was feeling.

you were nervous - too nervous to eat Chic-Fil-A with the rest of the group. if Kristen couldn't complete this challenge, she'd be going home and you felt like it would be your fault. you sat in silence and watched as she would go silent every now and again. you counted the time in your head so that you'd know where she was up to.

soon enough, her time was up and everyone began to cheer as she pulled her hands from the bowl. only one more challenge to go.

-

ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏ'ᴀʟʟ ʟɪᴋᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴀᴛᴛᴇᴍᴘᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀʟᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ʜᴀᴛᴇ ᴋʀɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʟᴇss