thirty

ѕong: yoυ - jaмəѕ arтнυr

ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴏᴠ

soon, you managed to complete your walking laps and had made it up the stairs at the same slow pace. the headaches brought on by hitting your bead began to slowly deteriorate in pain levels but you hadn't focused on it anyway due to having the answer to question 2 embedded in your head.

the final question was:

nine and a half dozen eggs = x

your answer + x = your combo

a dozen = 12

(12 x 9) + 6 = 144

144 + 230 = 374

you tried your best to get to the lock as quick as possible but realised that Crawford had finished maybe minutes earlier. Jake was nowhere in sight.

Kian and Jc began to complain about how long this final challenge had taken and you learned that Crawford had messed up the last question a few times before finally unlocking it. you'd managed to slowly get it done first try and Jake unfortunately messed his answers up as well.

-

now that the challenge had finished, it was time to pack up and travel to kian and Jc's home where the winner of the $25,000 would be announced. you, Jake and Crawford has already briefly concluded that it would be a close call between you and Crawford but you weren't entirely sure who would win.

whilst putting your clothes and toiletries into your suitcase, there was a knock at the door.

"come in!"

you turned to see Crawford open the door and step inside, "hey, I just wanted to check on you."

"I'm okay... very tired and in pain but I'm okay." you flashed Crawford
a weak smile before continuing to shove items into your bag. you heard his footsteps get closer until they stopped right beside you.

"thank you," you blurted out, causing him to laugh.

"for what?"

"stopping to help me. a lot of people wouldn't have done that if $25,000 was on the line. I really appreciate it, and you."

you looked up at him to see his mouth already waiting like a question. Crawford was perfect - his soft lips against yours felt perfect. there were no intoxicating factors which misled you about what you wanted this time; you finally understood that it was Crawford all along whom you had been craving.

a knock at the bedroom door separated you both and the door opened to reveal Kian, "we need to be out of this house in five minutes."

"okay." you have kian a reassuring smile and he closed the door.

"I guess I'll see you soon then," Crawford told you before heading to the door.

-

"we are back to our roots where it all started," jc shouted as he enthusiastically began slapping a big, clear box.

"we have the three contestants here and I did the math, I counted the times and I got 'em right here."

a piece of paper was then pulled out of Jc's pocket.

"in third place, with the time of 59 minutes and 28 seconds.... goes to Jake!"

"first and second place are separated by exactly three minutes and 18 seconds. in first place, with a time of 48 minutes and 18 seconds... the person who wins this $25,000 is Crawford Collins!"

Crawford stood with a smile on his face as everyone began to clap for him. the first words out of his mouth were, "I don't even know what to say."

Kian handed him the box which he unlocked and revealed the cash, "I'm, like, shaking. this is so surreal..."

you were over the moon for him. even though it was a close call between you and Crawford, he deserved to win that money more than anybody.

-

ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ғᴏʀ ɴᴏᴡ... ɪ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇɴᴊᴏʏᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ᴠᴇʀsɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ ʜᴏᴜsᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴍ sᴏʀʀʏ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴇɴᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ.

ʟᴇᴛ's ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴀsᴏɴ 2 ɢᴏᴇs ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀs ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴀs sᴇᴀsᴏɴ 1 :)

EDIT:

wattpad version of season 2 is currently in the works so stay tuned for that :)