twenty nine

ѕong: ѕтιll don'т ĸnow мy naмə - laвrιnтн

ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴏᴠ

"basically it's going to take a lot of physical and mental skill and a lot of endurance. please don't get upset if you can't figure something out - keep trying because it's going to take a while."

Kian continued by explaining the rules,

"

• you're going to start down here at this little 'start line'.

• you're each going to run five laps around this field on the track and then run upstairs to the first station behind Bobby.

• there's a GoPro and a big post with a math problem.

• once you have the answer to that problem, you keep it in your head and come right back down here.

• do another five laps and run back up the stairs to the second station.

• when you figure the second one out, come back down and do five more laps.

• then go to the third station at the very back of the house.

• when you solve it, come straight to where Jc and I will be sat.

• there are locks - use that answer for the combination of the lock and we'll stop your time.

"

once the rules had been explained, you and the finalists were told to line up on the track where you would start your first five laps.

Kian and Jc counted down from three and you began to speed around the field at a doable pace. you didn't want to tire yourself out so you ended up behind Crawford and Jake. when it came to running up the stairs, you managed to catch up.

the first station was:

you have 19 pairs of dice, how many dots do you have?"

•, ••, •••, ••••, •••••, •••••• = 21

21
x = 399
19

after a few minutes of double-checking your answer, you were the second to leave the station and head back down the stairs to complete your five laps once more.

Crawford was heading down the steps before you'd even completed your laps and you knew you had to speed up.

doing so was a bad idea as, when running up the stairs, you fell. it happened so quickly that you didn't realise you'd hit your head until you felt a trickle of blood on your forehead.

you lay on your back and closed your eyes but, next thing you knew, Crawford was shaking you. you didn't know how long you'd been on the ground for but it couldn't have been more than a few precious minutes that were wasted.

"fuck, are you okay?" he muttered. he'd knelt down beside you and had rested a hand on your face.

"yeah man, just vibing," you replied as you slowly sat up, "you should probably continue the challenge or we're both going to lose to the worst mathematician ever... and that would be embarrassing."

"you passed out ʏ/ɴ. I'm not leaving you here."

"I'm fine. go." you gently pushed him away but all he did was place your hand into his.

"come on, we're in this together." Crawford smiled and began to pull you onto your feet. you felt dizzy at first but he managed to keep you a foot and you made it up the stairs.

he'd forgotten the answer to both questions so you reminded him that the first answer was 399.

the second question was:

your answer - (13x13)

13 x 13 = 169

399 - 169 = 230

you both headed back down the stairs and saw Jake coming back up. he stared at you as he passed, giving you the 'you okay?' look. you nodded in return and that was the only exchange you endured.

now at the bottom of the stairs, you knew you couldn't run the laps without wanting to puke so you walked and encouraged Crawford to run.

"are you sure?"

"go win that $25k Craw," you smiled. he returned it and began to sprint around the field.

-

Kian decided to walk around with you and make sure that you were okay. he gave you a bottle of water whilst asking what had happened and whether you and Crawford had conversed any answers.

you explained that Crawf had forgotten answers due to being pre-occupied with helping you up the stairs and learning about you helping each other out didn't seem to sit well with Kian.