An Old Friend.. {BOTW Link x Reader!}

[~Link's POV.~]

"Come on, (Y/n)! We have to get to, Rito village before dusk!" I yelled back at, (Y/n), as we were running through a small forest in Hyrule field.

The fact that the sun was starting to go down, didn't help..

'If we don't make it soon, then we'll stop at the first stable we come across.' I thought. I just kept running. Hopefully, (Y/n) will follow.

[°•Short Timeskip!°•]

[~(Y/n's) POV.~]

It started getting dark, you knew that meant there will be more monsters roaming around.. so, you were on high alert as you were running after, Link.

You tripped over a rock, because you were looking at Link, and not really paying attention. You fell, and skinned your knee, when you looked up, no one was there.. you were alone...

"L-Link! Link!? Link, where did you go!?" You yelled out into the night, but on one answered, or came running back..

'Oh, great. Now I'm lost, with no way of knowing where I'm going.. this can't get any worse...' You heard a twig snap, and bushes rustle behind you.

You slowly turned around, only to be met with pair of glowing blue eyes, that looked at you with familiarity..

'.. I stand corrected...'

"W-who are you?" It walked out of the bushes it was in.

It was a green, brown, and white wolf. It looked familiar.. as the moonlight shined down on it, making it's eyes look even prettier..

"A wolf..? Wait! You're a nice wolf, right?" It's eyes softened, before it nodded, like as if it understood what you said..

"Can you understand me..?" It nodded. You tried to not gasp in surprise. That's when you got an idea.

"Can you sniff people out like a dog can?" It nodded again.

"Oh, good! You see, I fell down and lost my freind.. well, okay, he left me, but you know what I mean." You said, while digging out his Hylian hood, he gave you earlier when it started raining.

"Here." You said, holding the hood out to the wolf, it leaned in, and sniffed. Then walked ahead, before stopping, and looking back at you.

You took that as a signal to follow it. It's tail wagged when you started following it.

"Thank you for helping me, uh.. Wolfie." You saw it flinch at that, but kept walking ahead.

[~Wolfie's POV.~]

'The way that (she/he) knew that same nickname that, (Y/n) would call me on our journeys.. but, in more of a joking manner, still, that must mean this is indeed, (Y/n)! I thought (she/he) looked familiar...'

[~(Y/n's) POV.~]

You finally reached the end of the woods, when you did, you saw Link not that far away, so, you ran to him, leaving Wolfie behind..

Once Link saw you he smiled, and ran towards you, then hugged you. Spinning you around while laughing.

[~Link's POV.~]

I had just relized that, (Y/n) was missing, so I started to panic, and was just heading back to the forest to find (her/him).

But, before I even reached the woods, (Y/n) came running towards me. So, I hugged (her/him), relived to see (she/he) was okay.

"I'm so sorry I left you! I swear to Din, it wasn't on purpose!" I said hugging (her/him) tightly. (She/he) hugged back tightly as well. We pulled away.

"I know you didn't mean for that to happen. Besides, it was mostly my fault.." I looked at (her/him), sternly.

"I don't want you to blame yourself for anything like that again." I said. (She/he) nodded.

I leaned in to kiss (her/him). (She/he) gladly accepted. We both kissed for, what felt like, forever.. We had to pull apart for air.

[~Wolfie's POV.~]

I transformed back into my 'human' version, as I leaned against a tree, smiling. Looking at (Y/n) kissing the (her/his) new hero.

"Well, I'm glad I could help this happen.. sure, I'm a little upset I didn't end up with (her/him).. but, I had my chance.. as long as you're happy, (Y/n), I'm happy..."

'I guess there goes my one chance of visiting (her/him) again.. to bad.. it's the only chance I got of saying my last goodbyes to (her/him).. since, I am dead...' I sighed, feeling myself being to fade away.

'But, by the sound of it.. (she/he) doesn't remember me anymore.. well, you can't always get what you want in the end, I guess...' I thought, as I looked at (Y/n's) smile one last time, before I completely faded away..

[~(Y/n's) POV.~]

"So, how did you find me so quickly, (Y/n)?" Link asked.

"Oh! Well, there was this wolf, who looked strangely familiar, I let it sniff your hood, and then it lead me back to you!"

"Wow. Really!? Where is it?" You smiled. Then turned around, and pointed over to the woods.

"Oh, it should be right over th-" You trailed off when you saw the wolf was no where to be seen..

The wind picked up, and blew past you.

"..goodbye, (Y/n)..." You heard the wind whisper in your ear. The voice seemed familiar, then a name came to mind..

'.. Twilight...'

[~The End~]

(A/n): {Yay! The sad one is out of the way! (There will probably be more in the future..) Anyways, I hope you liked it! ^^}