'𝒜 𝓉𝒶𝓁𝓀'

I return back to the office, still thinking about that boy. I wonder how I caught feelings so quickly... let's just... let's just not think of him as of now, I should be more focused on work now... but I just can't... no, let's focus.

After a long day of work...

Okay, let's think. Should I come to the buffet? No? Yes? Ehh... I'm more leaning towards no... oh well, I need to get some groceries for dinner tonight.

"Bread... check."

"Noodles... check..."

"Oh hey Ji-Ah!" a familiar, yet feminine voices calls out.

I wonder who's that? I turn around, only to see...

"I didn't know you were here, strolling about," a black haired girl smiles, waving her hand.

"Oh! Hwa-Young!" I gasp, running towards her.

Hwa-Young, my high school best friend. We went through high school together, but suddenly, when we both graduated, we split paths and went our own ways. It's wonderful seeing her again now.

We began to chatter about all the recent gossip we missed, and we started talking about our ways and what we are doing, and what we are achieving.

"Thanks for coming home with me to help unpack my groceries," Hwa-Young thanks, opening the trunk of her car.

"No problem," I reply, grabbing some bags.

"It's really nice to see you again, I mean, we haven't seen eachother in 4 years!" Hwa-Young exclaims, shocked.

We both drag the grocery bags inside the house, and begin to cool off.

"Here, have some beer as a way of thanks," Hwa-Young says, handing me a can of beer.

"Ahh- thanks, just what I needed," I reply, taking the beer can and opening the can.

We both chug down the can of beer, happily, leaning down on a wall.

One thing comes to mind, and I begin to blush thinking about it.

"H-hey, Hwa-Young?" I ask her.

"What is it?" she wonders, taking another swig of beer.

"H-have you ever like... fell in love?" I say, suddenly.

"Hmm? Oh what's this? Did you fall in love?" Hwa-Young chuckles.

"N-no... just wondering." I lie, looking away.

"Well... I have," she replies, looking at the ceiling.

"Really? Did you confess to them?" I gasp, looking at her.

"I mean, I wasn't able to. Another girl already confessed to him," Hwa-Young sighs.

"Oh... I'm sorry," I apologise, looking down.

"Nah, it's fine. I already have a boyfriend now, hehe," Hwa-Young brushes off, drinking the rest of her beer.

Hwa-Young already has a boyfriend? Really? I still don't, sadly.

"Y'know, Ji-Ah, you could get any guy with your looks," Hwa-Young says.

"Yeah..." I sigh, "so many guys would be confessing to me."

"You're lucky, y'know? I wasn't able to get a boyfriend at high school or anything," Hwa-Young admits, sadly.

I sigh, deeply.

"But, looks aren't everything. For me, what I think matters the most is your personality," Hwa-Young says, opening another can of beer.

As soon as Hwa-Young mentions that... my mind immediately circles back to... him. Maybe she's right.

"Anyways..." Hwa-Young sighs, chugging down more beer.

"I also have another question, Hwa-Young," I say to her.

"What is it?" she wonders.

"My coworkers are asking me to join them on a food buffet, should I go or not? I don't really wanna go..." I sigh, opening another can of beer.

"Maybe you should," Hwa-Young says, looking at the ceiling.

W-what?

"Why should I?" I question, suspiciously.

"Your coworkers are asking you to join them on a buffet. If you miss this, then you miss this opportunity to learn about each other... forever. They want to learn more about you, and if you keep refusing, you might just be known as a very shy and not very talkative person..." Hwa-Young chuckles, sipping on the can.

"That's true." I reply, now realising.

"Listen, if you don't want to go, then that's your choice, not mine," Hwa-Young says, finishing the can.

"Ok, well... I think it's time for me to leave," I say, getting up and smiling while placing all my empty cans in the bin.

"Goodbye, and thanks for helping me out!" she stands up, waving happily.

I exit the house with all my bags, and head back into the bus on my way home.

(Disclaimer: Hi guys! Sorry that this page was relatively short!)