*Hunger games whistle*

TWO ENDINGS

I'm using my own prompt (I'm not doing the bonus) here we go tim fur angst

"I-I volunteer as tribute!"

Chosen slowly turned around. Sure enough it was Second. 12 year old Second willingly participating in this game. All for him. "Well, it appears we have our first volunteer!"
No. No! Nonononononono! Chosen thought. He ran towards Second before two peacekeepers grabbed his arms and tried to drag Chosen away. Second tried to run to Chosen but another peacekeeper grabbed him and took Second up to the stage. Chosen was thrown back into line and watched as Second shake hands with the female tribute. Chosen watched in horror as Second was escorted off the stage.

"What were you thinking?!" Chosen said running towards Second. As soon as they reached each other they held each other close in a hug. "What were you thinking?" Chosen repeated now with a shaky voice. "I... I couldn't let you die! It was the only thing I could think of..." Second trailed off before crying. Chosen gently stoked Second's back. "Ssshhh, it's ok. I'm ok. The game hasn't started yet. You're ok for now." He whispered. Chosen spent so much time trying to calm Second down, that time was up before they could even talk. A peacekeeper dragged Chosen away, leaving Second alone and afraid.

Second wins

Chosen stood there in aw. He wanted this outcome, but he was certain that it would never happen. Second watch the two other tributes fall off the cliff. One had pushed the other, but she gabbed his leg and pulled him down with her. Second released what this meant. He was the last one alive. He had won. The boom of two cannons rang in Second's ears. He sobbed tears of relief and horror as he clutched the green sheet of fabric that was all he had left of his ally.

Chosen cried tears of relief. Second was ok. He had survived. He was finally safe. Not just that, but Second would live a comfortable life from now on. Second wouldn't have to worry about staving to death, freezing to death, or anything like that ever again. But winning comes with plenty of downsides.

Chosen woke up to screaming. They came from were they usually do. He ran into Second's room. Second was sitting up and sobbing. Chosen gently grabbed Second's shoulders. "Hey, ssshhh, calm down. It's just a dream." Chosen said gently. Second wrapped his arms around Chosen. Chosen returned the hug and continued to calm Second down. "You were back in the game, weren't you?" Chosen asked. Second nodded. "You saw him die again, didn't you?" Chosen asked again. Second nodded again. "He wouldn't want you to be sad about him, and again, I'm so, so, sorry you to go through that." Chosen said as he stoked Second's back. The two were silent for a bit before Second asked "I... don't think I can sleep again tonight... can we just have breakfast now?" "It's... 5 am-" "Please..." Second pleased. "... alright, let's get something downstairs."

Second dies

Chosen looked in horror. The spear from the trap hit its target. Second collapsed to the ground, still alive. His ally Green rushed to his side. "Sec! Nononononono!" He screamed taking the bloody spear out of Second's chest. "Gre... en...?" Second muttered.

"Second! It's... it's ok! You'll be fine! Yo-"

"No... I won't..."

"Yes you will!"

"G r e e n . . . " Second's breathtaking slowed.

Second had Green's full attention.

"P l e a s e . . .  w i n   t h i s   f o r   m e . . . "

And with that, Second's breathing stopped completely. A cannon blast wrung in Green's ear. Second was dead. Undeniably dead.

Chosen broke down sobbing. Second was gone. Gone forever. It was bad enough he lost Dark a few years ago, but now him. All he had left in life. Gone. Snatched away from him. Dead. Chosen fell to the ground. Why? Why did Second have to go? Why didn't he just let him go in? Second was smart and could have survived in the district on his own if Chosen died. But he obviously had no chance in the games. But if didn't matter anymore. He was gone. And that was the unchangeable truth.