37 Horrors unimaginable (Genkai/ Yuko/ Hiei)

~Genkai

"What?! Kurama went off somewhere too?!" Yusuke exclaims, rising from his seat. As usual he's losing his cool again. Now that we know where our enemy is hiding, he wants to rush head on to Irima cave, thinking he can solve everything with his fists again.

He clearly still doesn't quite grasp the severity of the situation yet. Anyone who would try and open a tunnel to the demon world is a force to be reckoned with. Our previous opponent the Doctor should be enough prove of that and there is more coming.

"What is it with everybody? All right! At this point, I'll just have to go after them myself, and crush them!!" he growls, proving my point once again.

I throw my now empty bowl at him, making a nice ringing sound as it hits him right on the knocker. "Oi calm down! We know where they are, don't go rushing after them sloppily." I warn him as I already have done many times before. When will it finally get through to his thick head?

Despite Kaito and Yanagisawa agreeing, the stubborn boy doesn't listen up and marches for the door, yelling he's going out to play games. Soon the door slams closed behind him.

I sigh. He's probably going to check up on Kuwabara instead. The stupid boy opted to go to a concert. He doesn't have his priorities straight.

A sudden knock on the door draws our attention. It's not Yusuke coming back with his tail between his legs....

"Open the door." I order.

"Yes Master Genkai." Kaito states, though confused.

"Are you sure it's not some enemy who found us?" Botan asks worriedly. We have been staying at Kaito's apartment, making it our home base since his parents are rarely home and it's close to where we need to be.

"It's not an enemy." I state confidently, though I do doubt it's good news.

Soon two people round the corner. "Master Genkai, she said she needed to speak to you." Kaito motions towards the woman standing behind him.

"Mother." she greets. I nod in return.

"Aya?!" Botan shrieks in surprise.

Keiko blinks up at the woman curiously. "Is that Yuko's mother?" she whispers to Botan, who nods nervously.

"Aya, what's wrong?" I ask, seeing the tenseness in her face. I swear she earned a new frowning wrinkle between her eyes. Something is seriously bothering her.

She clenches her jaw before releasing a breath, her eyes suddenly swimming with tears. "Someone took her. Someone took Yuko!" she exclaims in a panic.

I feel my heart stop. I left her alone at the temple, thinking she'll be safe far away from the city with Hiei regularly coming in to see her. She would be in ignorant bliss unless Hiei told her something. Besides, the temple is well secured from lesser demons, unless it wasn't a demon that came to get her...

............

~Yuko

I skid across the cold asphalt as my body is thrown from the vehicle. My skin breaks at the contact, but it doesn't seem to hurt. It does cause a panic in the streets though...

"Someone call the police!"

"What just happened?!"

"Oh my god! Is she okay?!"

I can see their bodies moving over me, looking curiously down at my motionless figure on the ground, but I can't seem to react. My mind is pre-occupied. My thoughts are flooded with death, disaster and pain. I feel like my head will explode. The pressure is starting to build.