Blicket

Perfect.

If Cricket had to describe Blue in one word, it would be perfect.

And if anyone asked why, then they had better have a lot of time on their talons, because it would be a while before Cricket listed all the reasons on why Blue was perfect in her eyes.

His personality.

Cricket loved his personality. Everything about it was so sweet and adorable, that a dragon would have to have the highest standards in the world if they weren't instantly captivated by it.

She loved his kindness, his compassion, how he cared for every single dragon he met, and how he cared for dragons that he would never meet. She remembered back in the library, when they were hiding from Wasp, how he started to pick up books after Wasp knocked them all down looking for them. She remembered the embarrassed look on his face when Cricket realized that he was trying to save the librarians some work, because he could imagine how they would feel when they would come in the library.

She adored the look on his face whenever he was imagining how other dragons felt. It was so adorable and cute, and she wondered if he even realized that about himself. Whenever Blue made that face, Cricket found herself captivated by it, unable to look away. There were a few awkward moments when Blue caught her staring at him, but instead of laughing at her, he shot her a smile instead.

He was the most empathetic dragon she had ever met in her entire life. She always wondered how Blue was able to imagine himself in other dragons places, and feel what they feel. Cricket could never do that, because her brain was always filled with a million questions. And when her brain wasn't, she always imagined how she herself would feel, and not how they would feel.

She loved his face. It was the most beautiful and handsome face she had ever seen. His smile was so warm and genuine and amazing, and whenever Blue smiled at her, it was impossible not to smile back at him. His eyes were the most thoughtful and friendly eyes she ever looked into. They were so deep, that Cricket could get lost in them for hours if she wanted to. In fact, any dragon would be lost in his eyes if they looked into them.

She remembered the day Blue proposed to her. It was her hatching day, and Cricket and all her family and friends were having a party outside at a large plaza. Blue had gathered everyone to the center of the plaza, saying that he had a very special announcement to make. She would have never guessed in a million years that he would get down on his knees, and propose to her in front of everyone. 

As soon as he said the words, everyone's cheers around her faded away into background noise. Cricket was frozen. All she could do was stare at his hopeful face as he waited for her answer. Suddenly, she snapped back to reality as she gave the answer he was waiting for.

"Yes, of course I'll marry you!"

Cricket launched herself at Blue, almost knocking him over as she hugged him tightly, not wanting to let go. Everyone's cheers grew twice as loud, but all she could focus on for the rest of the night was Blue.

"Hey Cricket, you ready yet? Everyone's waiting for you." Sundew's voice snapped her out of her daydreaming, as she turned to look at the Leafwing waiting by the door.

"Yeah, I was just doing some thinking," Cricket replied.

"Well, it looks like your done, so it's time to do what everyone came here for."

"Yes, it is."

And with that, Cricket headed out the door, ready to marry Blue, the dragon she loved.