Qinter

"We'll probably end up married someday."

When Qibli first said those words, Winter merely dismissed it as a joke that Qibli was saying to try to get him to lighten up. Seriously? An Icewing and a Sandwing getting married? And they were both males too! Qibli really needed to stop saying such idiotic things.

That was what Winter thought at first. But as time went on, he found himself thinking about Qibli more and more, his handsome face, his amazing personality, everything about him. Winter simply dismissed the thoughts as lingering effects of Darkstalker's spell, but even after the whole fiasco with him passed, he still found himself thinking about Qibli for some reason. When he found out that Moon and Qibli were dating, he expected to be angry at Qibli, but for some strange reason his anger was more directed at Moon.

Winter tried to be angry at him, but it always ended up directed at Moon in the end, much to his confusion. After all, Qibli won over the girl he loved! Why was he he angry at her rather than him? It just made dealing with the situation even more difficult.

Winter sighed. Every night since Moon and Qibli got together, his mind always drifted back to that moment in the Scorpion Den, when Qibli joked about them getting married.

Winter tried to stop thinking about him for once, and instead decided to listen to the town out his window. For once, it wasn't busy in Sanctuary. The whole town was finished, the scavengers had proper homes, it was perfect. The whole town was what Winter had always dreamed of, and now he had it. But he still felt incomplete, like there was still a piece of him missing, that only a certain dragon could fill.

Moon. Moon. Moon. Qibli.

"Damn it," Winter whispered under his breath. No matter how hard he tried, no matter what he was thinking of, his mind always drifted back to Qibli in the end. Winter had tried to stop that habit by going out with a few girls, even sharing a few kisses with them. But, he never felt anything though. Qibli was still stuck in his head, no matter how hard he tried to get him out. Reluctantly, Winter was slowly accepting the fact that he was liked Qibli, but every once in a while he tried to deny the fact, to no avail.

Winter huffed."Imagine if my family could see me now," He thought to himself. "I have a crush on a Sandwing guy who is currently dating a Nightwing girl."

Winter chuckled. That was something he would have never imagined would happen, but here he was. He suddenly yawned, stretching his cramped legs. He was so deep in his thoughts that he hadn't even been aware what the time was. It was really late in the night, much later then he usually slept. But he didn't have anything to do tomorrow, so it didn't matter. Instead of going to sleep like a sensible dragon would, Winter decided to grab his quill, his inkpot, and an empty scroll, and started to write a letter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We'll probably end up married someday." 

Qibli had been lying in his bed, after a long day of work. Thorn was renovating a room in the stronghold, and just his luck, that room had a ton of heavy things in it, that needed to be moved. After everything had been done, he trudged up to his room and flopped down onto his bed, content to fall asleep right away when he noticed a letter on his desk. It was a letter from Winter, asking him how he and Moon were doing. 

In the letter, Winter had mentioned the short time they were at the Scorpion Den, remembering the good times back then, when that line came back to Qibli suddenly. He had said it just as a joke, to lighten up Winter. But lately, he had been thinking of Winter more and more, much to his confusion. After all, he had a girlfriend, so why was he thinking of Winter? Even Qibli's brain couldn't figure it out, and that was saying something.