Starspeaker #2

It was a peaceful night in Jade Mountain. Most of the dragons were already in bed, getting a restful sleep. However, there were a few dragons still awake, with one of them being Fatespeaker. Currently, she was pacing outside Clay's sleeping cave, deep in thought.

Y'know, MAAAAAYBE this isn't a good idea after all, Fatespeaker nervously thought to herself. I mean, asking Clay about Starflight's favourite scrolls is one thing, but asking for advice on how to ASK HIM OUT is completely different! Maybe I should just try something else...

Fatespeaker lashed her tail in frustration at these thoughts. No! Get it together Fatespeaker! You had a vision of you and Starflight together, so this must have worked! Right?!

Fatespeaker shook her head to clear out the thoughts, then went over to Clay's cave. She rang the little bell outside the cave, and a few moments later, Clay's head popped out from inside.

"Oh hey Fatespeaker!" He greeted with a smile. "Didn't expect you to be awake. Well actually, I guess it makes sense for you to be awake, since you're a Nightwing. Oh, sorry! I went on a bit. You need something?" He asked.

"Uh... I just want to talk," she said, fidgeting. "Can we do it inside though? I don't want anybody hearing me."

Clay tilted his head in confusion at this, but moved aside so she could walk into the cave. It was a basic one, with a rock ledge with some cushions, and a desk with some papers on it. Once she settled down, Fatespeaker tried to ask the question that was on her mind.

"How..." But she didn't finish, and now Clay was looking at her curiously. Blast it Fatespeaker! What are you doing? Clay's not gonna judge you, just ask him the question! She yelled at herself in her mind.

"Err... you alright there?" Clay asked, concern in his eyes. "If you don't want to talk now, then we can talk later if that's okay with you."

"No!" Fatespeaker blurted out. Her face blushed red in embarrassment. "Sorry! It's just that this is kind of important to me, and my mind is being VERY annoying." she explained.

"No problem. You can take as much time as you need. Also, the students don't come back from their break until a week, so you're not interrupting my work, either," he reassured.

"Thanks Clay." Fatespeaker said with a smile. "So... about my question. You probably know that I like Starflight, right?" She asked.

Clay nodded. "I think you two would be great together! You've helped him so much since he was injured, and you two have spent a lot of time with each other."

Fatespeaker smiled. "Yeah, I know. It's just that, I want to ask him out. But I have no idea how to! I know I could just walk up to him and ask, but I really want to make it special for him!" She admitted. "And since you grew up with him, I thought that you would know what he would like."

"Hmmmm," Clay hummed to himself. "Well, he likes scrolls."

Fatespeaker rolled her eyes. "Very helpful," she deadpanned.

Clay shrugged his shoulders. "What? It's true!" He responded. "Anyways, I can't really help you with that. Sure, he's my little brother and I grew up with him, but life under the mountain was kind of too crazy for me to really find out about what he likes. A problem you don't have," he told her. "Like I said before, you've spent a lot of time with Starflight. You should know what he likes, and how to ask him out." He then looked at her expectantly.

Fatespeaker thought over what Clay had said. "Yeah, I guess you're right," she agreed. "Thanks for the advice, Clay!"

Clay smiled in return. "No problem, Fatespeaker. If you ever need to talk again, I'm here for you."