Part Five

Benji

I lay in my bed consumed in thoughts of Jorge. He looked so cute today, biting his lip in concentration. The way he always blushed and got so flustered when I complimented him made my heart leap. I miss him.

It's late, and I should be sleeping, but I can't help but lay here and think about him. Does he ever lay in bed thinking about me? I'd give anything to have him with me right now, even if we did nothing but sleep. I'd sleep better with him here.

I groan when my phone goes off. I answer without looking at who it is.  "Hello?" I yawn into the phone.

"Hey," Jorge's voice comes though. I look at my phone to make sure it's really him and not just me imagining it.

"Why are you calling so late? Are you okay?"

"Did I wake you up?" Jorge seems nervous. I can tell from the tone of his voice he's unsure about something.

"No, I was awake. Are you okay?" I sit up and rub my eyes.

"I was just wondering if maybe you wanted to hangout," Jorge stutters.

"Right now?" I cant believe he wants to see me. My stomach does flips.

"Yeah," Jorge breathes. I grin to myself and run to the bathroom to check my hair. I throw on a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt.

"I can come get you, if you want?" I slide my shoes on and grab my keys and wallet from my nightstand.

"Uh, yeah. Yes, please."

"I'll text you when I'm outside," I do my best to keep my nerves at bay. The whole car ride to his house, I try to calm myself down. I saw him a few hours ago, but this is different. He wants to see me this time. I've been trying so hard to get him to want me again, and now he finally does.

"Hey," Jorge says when he climbs into my car. He gives me a small smile but won't look me in the eyes.

"Hey," He's wearing a pair of shorts and a T-shirt. "Where do you want to go?" I say when I pull out of his driveway.

"I don't care. Anywhere," He picks at his fingernails. He's nervous too.

"There's not really a lot for us to do right now. Everything's closed," I say, turning down a random street.

"We could just pull off somewhere," Jorge takes a deep breath. "And talk?"

"Sure," I smile at him and pull into a park parking lot. Nobody's here because of the time. I put the car in park and then in off. I turn to him and say, "Are you okay?" As excited as I am that he wants to hangout, he's been so set on not getting back together. There has to be a reason he wants to see me.

"Yeah, I just," Jorge stares out the window. "I don't know. I'm sorry I made you come get me."

"Jorge," I rest my hand on his arm. He turns and looks at me in the eyes for the first time tonight. "I want to see you. You know that."

He smiles and puts his hand on top of mine. His eyes flicker down to my lips. He licks his before biting them softly. I can't help but stare at them. They're so pink and full.

"Benji?" He whispers when I lean forward, his lips and inch from mine.

"Do you want me to stop?" I smile when he shakes his head. I move my hand to his cheek and pull him the rest of the way. When our lips connect, I instantly sigh into it. I remember this feeling. Feeling completely free and safe. Not caring about anything else, there's only his lips in this moment.