Part Eighteen

Jorge

"Are you excited?" Benji says looking at me with a smirk.

"Yes," I giggle, jumping up and down in the passenger seat of his car. We're almost at the school and I couldn't be more happy. I get to spend the whole night with Benji. We get to dance with each other and our friends. It's going to be perfect.

"I couldn't tell," He laughs at me. I roll my eyes at his sarcasm, but laugh back. "I am too."

I lean over and kiss his cheek just as we pull into the school parking lot. Benji parks the car and turns to me.

"You look beautiful," he rests his hand on my cheek, smiling at me. I feel my cheeks get hot and I turn my head to kiss the palm of his hand.

"Thank you," I smile at him. "You are, too."

"Should we go inside?" When I nod he kisses me softly before climbing out of the car. I follow him, making sure I have my phone and wallet with me.

"You know, it's weird," He says while we walk.

"What is?" I smile at him.

"I feel like tomorrow my whole life could change, but I'm not even scared. I'm just happy," He smiles down at me. I take his hand in mine and brush my shoulder against his slightly. He stops suddenly, spinning me around to face him. "You make me happy."

I smile up at him. I look into his deep brown eyes that always seem to make me feel at home. "I love you."

"I love you, baby," Benji leans down and kisses me quickly, before wrapping his arms around my shoulders. I snake my hands around his waist and rest my head on his chest, perfectly content with staying here forever.

When we get to the gym, where homecoming is being held, we're met with sweaty teenagers dancing and loud music. Everyone's laughing and singing. The only lights in the room are multicolored beams that spin around in time with the music.

"Benji! Jorge!" Drew yells out, emerging from the crowd. Olivia follows behind him with a wide smile on her face.

"Did you guys come together?" I smirk at Olivia. She just laughs but slightly leans into Drew.

"We spiked the punch bowl," Drew whisper yells at us. "Don't tell anyone."

"Sure," Benji laughs and turns to me. "Do you want to dance?"

I can't contain the smile on my face when he pulls me into the swaying crowd. We spend the next couple songs laughing at each other as we show off our worst dance moves. When the beat slows down, Benji pulls me into his chest.

"I'm happy, too," I say just loud enough for Benji to hear. He puts his hands on my waist as we sway to a popular slow song. Butterflies fly around my stomach as I feel a soft kiss placed on the top of my head.

When the songs over, a faster song comes on, changing the whole atmosphere. Everyone stays singing and laughing again, dancing as if their lives depended on it.

"Can we get something to drink? I'm sure there's water with no alcohol," I laugh.

"Sure, baby," I take Benji's hand and hold on tight so I don't loose him, pulling him off of the dance floor. There's glasses of water placed neatly next to the punch bowl. It reeks of alcohol; I have no idea how nobody's noticed yet.

I take a cup of ice water and hand it to Benji, before grabbing my own. The cold water feels like heaven on my throat, which is now scratch from the amount of dancing and laughing.

"Benji!" An unknown voice calls out, causing Benji and I both to turn. It was the two boys who picked on me at Drew's party last year and then tried to embarrass us at lunch the day after we broke up. My body physically tenses, knowing that whatever they have to say isn't going to be nice. Benji notices and wraps his arm around my waist, pulling into him.