Part Nine

Benji

"Guys! Benji, Jorge, wake up," Drew shakes me awake. I groan and bury my head farther into Jorge's neck. I don't know when exactly we moved to this position, but I'm not going to question it. "The bus leaves in ten minutes."

"Okay," Jorge says in a raspy voice filled with sleep. He wraps his arms around my back and pulls me closer into his chest. My heart flutters when he traces circles on my back with his thumb. "We should get up."

"No," I groan. I don't want to get up. I want to stay like this, Jorge holding me with his head resting on top of mine.

"Benji," Jorge giggles. "The bus is going to leave."

"I'll pay for another night, just stay here with me."

"And how will we get home?" Jorge laughs and pushes my shoulders. I don't move, and instead wrap my arms around his back so he can't either.

"I'll get a cab," I yawn.

"No cab is going to drive 500 miles to take us home."

"Fuck," I say when I open my eyes. It's too bright in here. I sit up slowly, not wanting to leave Jorge's arms.

"We can go back to sleep on the bus," Jorge sits up next to me and looks down at his lap. "I brought a blanket, we could share it?"

"You want to sit with me?" I smile at him. He nods his head slowly and blushes. "Let's get going then, what are you still doing in bed?"

I jump out of bed, excited to get to the bus and sit with him. He laughs and watches me get a shirt out of my bag. I throw it over my head and don't bother changing my sweat pants, since we'll be in the bus for a few hours anyways.

Jorge gets up and grabs a pair of shorts and a T-shirt out of his bag, along with a toothbrush and toothpaste, and disappears into the bathroom. I look around the room to make sure I have the rest of my things and Nick and Drew didn't leave anything. They were already out at the busses loading up. I grab Jorge's clothes and put them in his bag for him.

The bus leaves in three minutes and I still have to brush my teeth, but Jorge hasn't come out of the bathroom yet. I walk over and knock on the door.

"I just need to brush my teeth," I say through the door. He opens it and I stare down at him in awe. He's wearing loose basketball shorts, but hasn't put a shirt on yet. He's got his toothbrush hanging out of his mouth and his hair's a mess from sleep. He still looks perfect.

Jorge motions for me to come in. I stand next to him, and watch him bush his teeth through the mirror, brushing my own. This was always something I enjoyed when we were dating. Something so simple, like brushing my teeth next to
Jorge, made my heart explode with happiness. He must be thinking the same thing because he blushes when we make eye contact and leans over to spit in the sink.

"I'm going to go finish packing," Jorge says, rinsing off his toothbrush and putting it back into his travel case.

I finish brushing my teeth and use the restroom, washing my hands after, as quick as I can, eager to finish so I can be next to him again. When I get into the room, he's gone and so are mine and his bags. I forget how strong he is for being so little. Because he's in cheerleading, and a boy, they have him condition at almost every practice so he can lift up all the other cheerleaders. Him carrying both of our bags must've been a breeze for him.

I grab my phone from off the nightstand and head out the door towards the bus. There's a few people putting their bags away in the storage space under the bus, but Jorge isn't outside.

The bus is cold considering how many people is in it. Jorge's in the back talking to Olivia and Drew, who's sitting in the seat in front of him. He smiles at me when he noticed me walking towards him.

"Do you still want me to sit here?"

"I saved you a spot," Jorge smiles and pats the seat next to him. I smile and sit down next to him. Olivia smiles at us and turns around to talk to Drew. "Here."

Jorge hands me the blanket he packed. "We can share it," I lay it over both of us. He smiles at me. We sit in comfortable silence shared between us as the rest of the bus talks away. Once the bus is loaded, and coach checked that everyone was here, it takes off.

"God, these buses are so uncomfortable," Jorge groans and shifts so he's leaning against the window and looking at me.

"Here," I lift his legs up and put them over mine before adjusting the blanket so it's on both of us again. I scoot closer to him and rest my head on his chest. He puts his arms around my back, holding me there.

"I'm sorry," Jorge says after a few minutes of silence.

"For what?" I don't lift my head off his chest. I close my eyes, trying to take in this feeling.

"Last night. And all the stuff you said. You were right, it wasn't fair of me to out you to the whole school or lead you on," He sounds disappointed. "I want you, too, Benji. I'm just scared."

"You do?" I lift my head up enough to look at him. Jorge wants me too. This absolutely perfect boy that I hurt wants me still.

He nods his head slowly, looking into my eyes. He runs his fingers up and down my arm that's draped over his thighs. "I want this." Goosebumps rise where he touches me. I smile and put my head in the crook of his neck.

I look up at the seat in front of us and see both Drew and Olivia turned around to stare at us. They're both smiling. I roll my eyes at them for being so obvious.

"Can we talk about it more when we don't have an audience?" I laugh at them. They don't move, but laugh with me.

"Sure," Jorge giggles. I close my eyes and sigh into his neck. He rests his head on top of mine.