Part Twelve

Jorge

Dinner was everything I had hoped it would be and more. It was a little awkward at first, I think because we were both so nervous and we didn't know how to act as a couple out in public, but once we settled in, we got more comfortable. By the end of dinner I was laughing so hard at something Benji said that the whole restaurant turned to look at us.

He was a perfect gentleman. He opened all the doors for me and kept complimenting me as dinner went on. I know where we went was expensive, but he wouldn't let me help pay for anything. I feel bad, but next time I'll take him out. He deserves to be spoiled, too.

"I brought stuff to change into, because I wasn't sure," I say when we get into the car. "As good as we both look, I don't think this is high school party attire."

"Probably not," Benji laughs. "I brought stuff, too."

We stop at a gas station on the way to change at, on the way to Drew's house. We both stay in our black jeans, but I throw a sweater on and change into tennis shoes. Benji puts on a t-shirt and his Converse. He looks just as good, but more comfortable.

"I'm nervous," Benji says when we get into the car and start driving to Drew's house. I take his hand in mine and lift it up to my lips, kissing the back of it. He smiles at me. "I don't know if that worked. Maybe one on the lips?"

"You're driving," I laugh at him. Without thinking twice, he pulls over on the side of the road and puts the car in park.

"I'm not driving," He smirks at me. I roll my eyes and fight back a smile, leaning over and placing a kiss on his lips.

"Better?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"I'm not sure," Benji looks around the car like he's thinking. "Maybe a few more would really make me feel better."

We sit there kissing for at least ten minutes before he decides he isn't nervous anymore. I laugh at him every time he asks for another, but don't resist. I wanted to kiss him just as much.

"It'll be fun," I grab his hand when we walk up the driveway to Drew's house.

"What if it's not?" Benji looks worried.

"Then we've got a movie with our name on it at your house," I kiss the side of his jaw and pull him through the door.

The house is full of drunk teenagers and loud music. It's only ten o'clock, but everyone's trashed already. I pull Benji through the house and into the living room where Drew and Olivia are sitting on the couch laughing at something.

"Hey," Olivia looks at me, then down at my hand in Benji's, then back at me.

"Are you guys together now?" Drew asks Benji.

"Yeah," Benji blushes and I sit down on the chair next to the couch. Benji comes up next to me and leans down to whisper in my ear, "Let me sit here and you can sit on my lap."

"Benji, no," I laugh. I don't want to be that couple that shows too much affection in public. Benji and I are new at this, but people stare at us enough.

"Please," Benji looks at me with pleading eyes. He looks wildly uncomfortable. I want him to have a good time, so I sigh, giving in and standing up. He sits down and pulls me into his lap, resting his hands on my waist. I lean back into him and ignore the smirk Drew gives us.

"Are you guys drinking?" Drew asks, standing up.

"I'm driving," Benji says, resting his head on my shoulder.

"You guys can just stay here. There's an extra bedroom upstairs," Drew offers. I don't tell him that we know all about that bedroom.

"Have a drink," I say to Benji. Maybe it'll help him relax. He nods his head slowly and Drew disappears to get us drinks from the kitchen.