Part Eleven

Benji

I breathe in the smell of Jorge's shampoo. It hasn't changed, he still uses the same one all those months later. His head is heavy on my chest and our legs are intertwined on top of my comforter. He runs his fingers up and down my chest, leaving a trail of goosebumps where his skin touches mine.

My stomach erupts in butterflies when he shifts his head up just enough to kiss my cheek before laying it back down. I lay there with a stupid grin on my face thanking god, or the universe, or whoever I need to thank for making him mine again.

"I'm so happy right now," Jorge sighs in content. His voice is my favorite sound. His skin, my favorite color. His kiss is my favorite taste. All of him is my favorite, and always will be.

"Can I take you out tonight?" I rub my thumb across his cheek when he looks up at me. He lifts himself up so the top half of his body is hovering mine.

"On a date?" The corners of his mouth turn upwards as he fights back a smile. I look into his light brown eyes and watch them fill with emotions.

"Yes," I lean over and kiss the tip of his nose. "I'll even dress up and bring you flowers. I'll take you somewhere way to expensive and open all the doors for you."

"You're stupid," Jorge laughs.

"Is that a yes?" I tuck a loose curl behind his ear. "Come on, it'll be nice. I'll even throw in dessert."

"Well, I told Olivia I'd go with her to Drew's house tonight-"

"Oh," I say slightly disappointed. I try to cover it up with a smile. I want to spend time with him, but it isn't fair of me to expect him to ditch his other plans, especially since we just got back together less than an hour ago.

"No, Benji," Jorge laughs. "You didn't let me finish. I would love to go on a date with you tonight. I'll just go to Drew's after, Olivia won't mind."

"Okay," I smile at him and push his back down so he's laying on my chest again.

"You could come with me?" He sits up again to look at me. I want to spend as much time as him as I can, but I haven't been to one of Drew's parties since Jorge and I broke up. I don't want him or I to get reminded of what happened.

"I don't know if that's a good idea."

"Why?" Jorge sits up completely. I groan at the loss of contact. I reach for him but he sits on his knees next to me and looks down at me.

"Just because of what happened last time we were there," I rub my face with my hands. He pulls my hands away from my face and places them on his thighs.

"Are you planning on kissing any girls?"

"Obviously not," I roll my eyes at him.

"Are you planning on kissing any guys?"

"Just one," I sit up and kiss his lips gently, sucking on his bottom one and pulling away. He blushes and smiles at me.

"Then I don't see the problem," I wrap my arms around his waist and pull him down onto my chest again.

"Okay, I'll go, but you have to cuddle with me more," Jorge laughs, trying to get out of my hold. I hug him tighter and bury my head into his neck to hold back a laugh.

"Benji, let go of me!" Jorge squeals when I move my hands to his waist and tickle him. My fingers dance around his skin, making him thrash his body around, desperate to get out of my grip.

"I'm not even doing anything," I look at him innocently when I give him a break to breathe.

"You're annoying," He glares down at me.

"We just got back together," I laugh and kiss his neck. "You can't be annoyed with me already."

"I guess you just have that effect on people," Jorge smirks at me. I raise my eyebrows at him making him giggle.

"I'm so happy you're here," I say seriously, causing him to stop laughing and smile at me.

"Me too."

***

"Mom, what am I supposed to wear on a date?" I hold up a few dress shirts and wait for her answer. I dropped Jorge off at his house to get ready and as the minutes go on I get more and more nervous for tonight. We just got back together, and I don't want to do anything to mess this up.

"Wear the blue one and roll the sleeves halfway up your forearm," My mom goes into detail about what pants and shoes to wear.

"Are you going with Jorge?" My dad asks when he sits on the couch next to my mom.

"Yes," I blush and smile to myself.

"I'm glad you guys could work it out," My dad gives me a proud look. My mom nods her head in agreement.

"Me too, he's so good for you, Benji," My mom takes the blue shirt and holds it up to my chest.

"I'm nervous. We've never been out together, like in public, and I already messed things up with him once, I don't want to again."

"He loves you, clearly he does for giving you a second chance," My dad reminds me.

"Just don't kiss anyone other than him," My mom laughs.

"I still don't know why I did that," I groan at the memories. "I don't want anyone other than him. The thought of being with someone else makes me sick."

"You made a mistake, but he's giving you a chance to fix it."

"Thank you, guys," I smile at my dad and give my mom a hug before running upstairs to shower. Once I'm done in the shower, I style my hair as best as I can, with how long it is, and change into my clothes. The black jeans my mom picked out look good with my black dress shoes. I button up my shirt and tuck it in, rolling the sleeves up just like my mom said.

I spray a little bit of cologne around my neck and put on the watch my dad's letting me borrow. I try to calm my nerves as I grab my keys and wallet and head out the door. Jorge deserves this. He's been so forgiving and kind.

On the way to Jorge's house, I listen to the radio, trying to take my mind off of the burning sensation in my stomach. When I pull up to his house, I grab the bouquet of sunflowers I bought for him earlier and walk them to the front door.

Jorge answers within a few seconds of me knocking and my breath is instantly taken away. He looks beautiful. He's wearing a little bit of makeup and a loose striped pink and white button up shirt. He too is wearing black pants paired with white dress shoes. His hair is extra curly, but sits just as big on his head.

"You're fucking stunning," Is all I can say. He blushes and looks at his feet. "I brought you these."

"Thank you," I takes the flowers and brings them to his nose, inhaling their sent. "I'm going to put these inside really quick."

I wait for him at the door, smacking myself for being so awkward. When he comes back, he closes the door and waits for me to say something, but I just stare at him. He is lovely.

"Benji?" Jorge giggles.

"Sorry," I snap out of my trance and take his hand in mine. "Let's go."