Without Him

Kopa POV
Nobody took that well but it had to be said. I went back to my den. I laid down and looked out at Kion's den to make sure he came back. Vitani and Malaika were asleep next to me. After a few hours of not seeing Kion return I decided to go check on him. I passed by the den and saw Fuli and the boys.
"Fuli where is Kion".
She looked at me with a sad expression.
"He's gone".
"What"
"He was afraid that his angry outburst might lash out at the wrong people like the kids. Hofu told him that maybe he could be alone to help him gain his memory and I think he is right".
"Yeah maybe so I guess that's what helped my memory when I was at the facility".
"Hofu is pretty wise like you Kopa".
"I guess so".
"Say when you were gone did you ever have a... relationship with a lioness like you do Vitani".
"No I was kept alone in a cage why".
"I don't know he is being as wise as you".
"Are they okay with this" I said laying my tail on her shoulder.
"Yeah I know he will be back" she turned to the boys "They do too".
"Okay well if you need anything Vitani and I are here".
"Thank you Kopa". I walked away
I walked back the den. Vitani was awake.
"Is Kion alright".
"Well he left".
"What".
"Yeah Hofu suggested that he should spend sometime to himself until he remembers everything and I think the kid was right. I didn't realize it then but being help my memory return you know that and a rock".
She laughed.
"I'm sorry your brother left".
"If it helps him get better than I am okay with but I still feel like his injury is my fault". She nuzzled me.
"Kion want to help, you didn't make him besides you were going above and beyond to make sure he is okay".
"It's just a feeling that I have a feeling like I need to take care of everyone"
She laughed and licked my cheek.
"That's just your natural fatherly instinct".
"Right, I know I haven't been around you or Malaika lately so I will now dedicate most of my time to you and Malaika"
She laughed.
"You know if Kiara wasn't in charge, you would be a perfect king".
"You really think so".
"Yeah that caring for everyone trait shows your leadership skills". Maybe I would be a good king. Soon we fell asleep. I began thinking about something Fuli had said when I talked to her. She asked if I had ever been with another lioness. I began to wonder. Hofu has the caring and protectiveness for others like I do. I had a fient memory of humans doing this called A.I. where they take the things they need from the mom and the dad and do it artificially. Then I recalled the machines in the room one time when I was... My eyes shot open. I need to talk to Fuli.

Fuli POV
Since the boys were asleep I decide to clear my mind and cry my final tears. There is a cliff that I like to sit on to think. I wasn't there long before I heard footsteps.
"Hey Fuli" said Kiara. I hadn't had time to have a conversation with Kiara in awhile this might be nice.
"Hey Kiara".
She sat next to me.
"How had Kion been, Kopa told us that he was having angry spurts. I told everything that had just happened.
She was shocked and really upset.
"He left".
"Yes but don't worry he will be back".
"How can you be sure".
"I was right the other two times".
She laughed as tear fell down her face.
Kiara stayed there for a few more minutes before she left. I could tell she was still upset. I looked past her I saw Kopa running towards me.

Zeb POV
Fisi and I were spending time together. We were walking around by the river.
"This has been great Zeb".
"What has been great".
"Being with you, I have imagined this for so long now that I can't believe it"
"Hey Fisi I am sorry for being a jerk to you before".
"Don't be Zeb your my best friend, my mate I should have believed you then".
"Well you were scared and I don't want you hurt so I understand now why you were hesitant to help".
We sat down by the water's edge. She licked my and I licked back. She nuzzled me and I nuzzled back. I noticed behind her in the distance were hyenas advancing in our direction. One of them was momma.
"Momma" I said.
She perked up and smiled
"Zeb" she said. Fisi and I ran to her. I nuzzled her.
"My boy" she looked up "Fisi you're her too".
"Good to see you, your majesty".
"Momma why are you here".
"Wazimu is on his way".
"What" said Fisi and I
"Yes he doesn't know where is going or that Kajor is dead we need find out some way to stop him".
A plan came to me.
"Momma do you see that small cave over there, that is Kopa's den, go to him and tell him why you are here he will take you to the others".
"Where are you going".
"I am going to go tall to the outland hyenas and get them to help, Kajor forced them into helping him so I am sure they don't want his brother here".
"Alright" her and the others walked away.
"Come on Fisi".
"Right behind you".