Chapter Fourteen: Entry Through the Pipes

AHSOKA TANO

Ahsoka and Lux crawled through the surprisingly cool and dry tunnel towards the Jedi Temple. It was so simple, just to follow her anywhere she wanted to go, for Lux, at least. She really doesn’t know just how amazing she is, he thought. As if picking up on his thoughts, which she seemed to do sometimes, she looked back at him, smiling. 

Soon, the passage let up a little, which was enough for them to stand. Lux was about to ask how she was so certain as to the right direction to take, when she stopped and pointed to a hatch that had the words Jedi Temple – Restricted, written on it. She bent over and started to crank open the hatch when Lux spoke up. 

“What, no kiss to tell me you love me before we go racing off into adventure and mystery head-on?” He pretended to look surprised at her, as if she were cold and heartless. 

“Ugh, you’re impossible,” Ahsoka said, rolling her eyes. She stood on tiptoe to kiss him. “And taller!” 

He smiled, and she gently brushed her lips up against his, flirtingly, teasing him. He tired of this quickly, and they moved into deeper and more serious kissing. Sweetly and gently, or hard and passionate. It was almost enough to make them forget about their mission into the Jedi Temple. Almost… 

Ahsoka was the first to come back to reality, and her eyes snapped open. Lux had an almost dreamy expression on his face, after kisses that had left them both breathless. 

 “Lux? Lux! Coruscant to Lux! Hello-o!” she said loudly, waving a hand in front of his face. 

Finally, he seemed to wake up, but it was obvious that he was reliving the intense kisses that had been shared between them. “You’re really good at that, you know.” 

“If this is a ploy to get me to kiss you again, it’s very clever, but it’s not going to work,” she said with attitude. That seemed to bring Lux back from dream world. 

She leaned over, and was soon finished unscrewing the hatch. With a brief, final kiss, they fired their cable guns to separate beams high above in the Jedi Temple ventilation system, and they prepared to release. 

“On the contrary. It did work,” he said with a smile, as they zoomed up the metallic cables and into the darkness above and below.