Chapter Twenty-One: The New Jedi Order

AHSOKA TANO

Ahsoka brought her precious Jedi passengers to the forest planet of Cialone, an uninhabited, remote world with intriguing crystal growth in the Outer Rim. There, she could train the padawans in the Jedi Arts that she had been taught before she left the Temple, and keep the Jedi ways from going extinct.

Another parting gift from Lux had been food rations, basic necessities, and several large tents. He had probably gone to get them and put them in the ship directly after he had left the Temple. 

But she couldn’t think about the Temple or Lux without starting to cry a little, so she didn’t, and tried to be a responsible leader, as the eldest of the group. This was her Jedi Order now, as probably the last group of Jedi, even if there were others who had survived.

She got up on top of some crates. “Can I have your attention?” she asked the rest of the group, who were putting up tents and setting up a standing camp outside the ship. Faces turned towards her to listen to what she had to say.

“I want to thank you all for being so brave. It’s not every day that the Jedi lose their home, their friends, or all that they stand for.” She paused, suddenly emotional. “It’s not every day that we have to fight for our lives on sacred ground, or have to deal with a crisis like this. 

“But we made it. And although we may be few in number, we’re all part of one family. We’re Jedi!” There was a clamor of approval, and then she continued. “I can’t say that it will all work out, because I don’t even know that it will. But as long as we have each other, and the Force to guide us, we can make it!” 

More cheers. Ahsoka didn’t even know that she was all right at public speaking. It must have been Lux’s gradual teachings that did it. “We’re heading down a difficult path, with lots of hardship in store. But I, being eldest, can teach you all that I know, so that our ways don’t die out. We will be the New Jedi Order, and we can make this work.” 

Amidst the cheers, one of the older padawans, a Twi’lek girl of maybe twelve years old, spoke up. “But if we’re going to call ourselves the New Jedi Order, then we need a leader. I move that we make Ahsoka Tano that leader!” 

Soon, every hand was up in agreement. Shocked, Ahsoka answered, “I don’t want to be the leader. But it is true that I have the most experience and knowledge out of all of us, and that I am able to train you all. For now, I’ll accept this post, but we are still a democracy. And I promise that I won’t make any decisions without having approval from the majority of the group.” 

More cheers. So, I guess I’m the Grand Jedi Master now, she thought. 

 “And I have good news,” she said. “I left the Jedi Order almost eight months ago, but to find out more about visions I was having, I came back to search the Archives for answers. And I am pleased to say that I have a friend who is currently in possession of the majority of the Jedi holocrons from the Holocron Vault, and will bring them to a secret location for us to pick up. The Jedi ways will prevail!”

*Cialone is a planet that I claim ownership to, because I made it up ;) *