Chapter Nineteen: Breaking the Darkness

AHSOKA TANO

But the fight wasn’t out of her yet. She met his blows, but even so, he was slowly pushing her own lightsabers towards her neck with his superior strength. She was weakening.

She pulled one of her lightsabers out of the X-shaped block that she had protecting her, leaving her vulnerable. She used the free sword to try to slice him on the side, forcing him to get away to meet it. Ahsoka scrambled up, a little shaken, but none worse. 

“You should have stayed away while you still could!” he yelled, as they circled each other once more. “Now it’s too late for you, my old apprentice.” 

“I would never abandon my fellow Jedi!” Seeing his look of dark confusion, she continued. “Yeah, that’s right: I am a Jedi. Even if I‘ve left the Order, I will keep our ways of life alive until the day I die.” 

“Then you’ve upheld your promise, because that day, Snips, is today!” With a fearsome yell, he ran at her again. 

But this time, Ahsoka was ready. She brought her hand up, and sent a powerful Force-blow that threw him at the window, which cracked, but didn’t break on impact. Dazed, he tried to sit up.

“I’m sorry,” she said, and she shot lightening at him. 

Anakin cried out; a horrible, pained sound, and she thought she saw a flash of blue in his eyes. But, unlike the Sith, she did no more than necessary to weaken him. Then she used her powers to influence him, for he was too weak to resist it. 

“You will forget everything that has happened in the Council Chamber. Ahsoka Tano was never here, and you were mistaken when you thought that there would be Jedi younglings hiding up here. There was an explosion somewhere, a piece of debris hit you, and you blacked out.” 

He repeated what she had said, and then lost consciousness. She broke apart the ceiling, wincing as she thought that she done to the sacred Council Chamber, and brought pieces down on him slowly, so that they wouldn’t hurt him. 

“I know that there’s good in you,” Ahsoka said to the slumped figure on the ground. “But I don’t have the power to help you see it. I just hope that someday, someone else will.”

Then, risking everything, she walked over and and reached up his sleeve, where she knew she would find her string of silka beads that signified that she was a padawan. She put it on, and she knew that she would never take it off again. 

Then, she kissed his forehead softly, and got up. Seeing that the menace had been dealt with, the younglings ran over to her. She motioned for them to follow her, and left Anakin Skywalker behind forever.

*No, AniSoka fans, this is a Master/padawan moment and nothing else. No romantic thing intended. As cute as some of the fan art is, I'm not an AniSoka fangirl.*