Chapter 2

I stare into the cops eyes... 

"Please you have to tell me!"

"They were looking for you..." 

"What? That doesn't make sense I'm right here?"

"Well apearently they woke up and they came to your room and saw the window open and no one in your bed. They panicked and drove around to find you. Well this morning we got a call that there had been an accident. Your parents car had been spotted at the bottom of a cliff, with your parents inside. I'm sorry to say your parents are gone..."

"No they can't be gone! No your all lying!"

"Mrs. Winter, I wouldn't lie about such matters"

"H-how" I stutter.

"They were looking searching the hollywood-hills area, when their lights stops working. In the darkness, they couldn't make out a bend in the road and drove straight off the edge. We know this because we had a team of our best men look at the scene" I can't speak. Words fail me. Tears stream down my face, though. And then I'm screaming- screaming and crying. I don't care who sees me, I don't stop. My mind swirls, all I can think about is my parents. They're dead. They're dead, they're actually dead. It's my fault they're dead, I went to Trevor's when I should've stayed home. I don't care about anything, kill me now! I want to be with my parents! No, I don't deserve to be with my parents, I killed them, it's my fault. I'm an awful person. It's all my fault...
Trevor runs out of the house with his parents. His mom cradles me in her arms. I cry and cry and cry....

~ LATER ~

I wake up on a couch. 5 people are staring at me with concern. 

"Trevor?"  Trevor and the rest of the guys, Jc, Kian, Ricky, Connor, and Sam, stare down at me. They all hug me, all of my best friends, and comfort me. I ask for a barrel of ice cream, which they get for me, and we watch movies for the rest of the day as I sob my heart out.

They all get to stay at Trevor's house for a sleepover so we stay up until 3 am. My eyes feel droopy and dried out, so I decide to go to bed. I flop on my back onto the couch with a bunch of pillows and blankets, and cuddle into Trevor's arms. Goodnight cruel, evil world.

I wake up and I see it's only 4:30 am. I get up to the bathroom and I stare at myself in the mirror for a long time. I feel miserable, lonely, and lost. It's my fault my parents died. That's all I can think about. What an awful child I am... I worried my parents, to the point where they went in search of me, only to find their fate. It's all my fault, I'm a worthless, no good child. I find something sharp: a razor. I look at my pale skin on my arm, In need of art. I have never done this before but I don't deserve to stay clean. I'm a worthless child. My parents died because of me. I slice the cold metal blade across my skin. I release myself through the razor, cut after cut. Finally, I soak up all the blood with dark towel. I put on a sweat top so no one will notice, and then I walk back to the couch and stare at the ceeling until I get tired and fall asleep again...