○Three○

Sometime, after my dad left I put a stop to my tears and shut down. I laid in silence ignoring my roaring thoughts. I focused on the metal against my cheek and let the coldness run through my body and numb me. My eyes became stuck on some medical instruments, I couldn't tell you when I began to look right through them.

I dulled any voices I could hear to a dim whisper. Until, a light, velvety voice called out to me. At first, I ignored it. Then, it became more insistent and forceful, morphing into a growl.

"Look what you've done."

I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Look what you've done!"

A figure stood in the corner of the room. Chills electrified the air. The room temperature felt like it was dropping rapidly as she moved closer. Her eye sockets were filled with boiled eyes. Her charred tongue scraped the walls of her mouth.

I remembered what the Ark told us about space walking. If a person goes into space without a suit their organs would rupture. They'd pass out after fifteen seconds and their body would freeze, but if they were near something hot they'd mummify.

My mum stood beside me, her complexion ice blue. Blonde waves framed her morbid feautures, searing the picture behind my eyelids.

You did this to me

"B-but you. You asked me to help you."

"You shouldn't have done it. You broke your dad's heart. You've been extremely stupid, Eden."

I didn't understand. I did what she wanted.

"You did, but actions have consequences. Poor Rion took the fall and now here you are suffering consequences."

"You were in so much pain." Desperation crept into my voice. I didn't understand why she was saying this now.

"You're in as much pain as me, so are you going to float yourself? It's only fair."

"I raised a murderer. A psychopath."

"I'm not a psychopath. I'm not crazy."

"You're not crazy, but you're talking to me." Her hand landed on mine before she completely vanished.

"I-" I didn't get a chance to voice my disorientation before Jackson came to hover in my eyeline.

"Eden?" His large eyes surveyed mine. "Eden, are you okay? Raven sa‐"

"Don't say her name." I muttered staring through him.

"Alright, but are you okay?"

"Yes."

"Are you feeling pain?"

"Yes." Pain was the only constant thing in my life.

"I'm sorry we don't have any pain relief. Are you feeling hungry or thirsty?"

"No."

"You should eat. It will help."

I didn't have the urge to eat or drink. A pang of hunger should be taking a hold of me by now, because the last time I ate was before I was banished, yet I felt nothing. My raw throat didn't even yearn to be watered. I felt sick just thinking about food.

"I'll come back in a few hours with food and water, unless your dad returns first."

He wouldn't.

○▪︎○

"Are you sure this is a good idea? She hates me. And like you said before, she's probably going to want to kill me."