○Twenty Three○

"Will you get the fxck off of him!" I went to charge at Emerson again out of pure emotion.

Despite my training, I didn't anticipate Emerson slamming me against the wall. I glared back at him exuding just as much hostility.

"I won't hesitate to choke you out."

"And I won't hesitate to kick you in the balls."

"Emerson!" Cage yelled. He came striding over. "Release her."

Emerson pushed ever so slightly on my wind pipe before backing up. I wanted to glide over to him and punch him in the hollow of his chest, however Cage had already taken Emerson's spot in front of me.

"Do you know what your friend, Monty, was doing here?"

I had the urge to look at Monty, instead I held eye contact with Cage's dark, piercing eyes. "No."

"Did you know he would be down here?"

"No."

Cage smiled in an unfriendly and sarcastic way. He clapped his hands together as if to pray and held them up to his face. "So, you don't have any snippet of an idea as to why he's down here?" Cage pointed to Monty's unmoving body. "Bearing in mind how close you two are. He's the one person you kept mentioning. The one person you wanted to see."

"I don't know why he's down here," I affirmed.

Cage sighed, I could feel disappointment oozing from him and I started to feel guilty. "Eden, I asked you to keep an eye on your friends, tell me if anything happens. But, you let this happen." He took a step back. "I'm starting to think I gave you too much free reign."

I could have laughed and I could have cried. I didn't know what to feel or how to play this.

"Emerson. Take him to his other friend, the girl. He's clogging the hallway."

I watched Emerson lift Monty with ease and disappear into the next hall.

"What are you going to do with him?" I questioned.

"That's not your concern. I'm going to have you escorted back to your room. We have a lot to discuss, once I've sorted this out."

Cage waved the other guard and told him to escort me to level three. I wanted to object, then I realised if I went willingly we would catch Emerson by the elevator and I'd be able to see what floor Monty was being taken to.

I followed my chaperone and just as I had thought we caught up. The trolly Monty had been pushing was discarded by the side of the elevator. With Monty slung over his shoulder, Emerson stepped into the metal box. He held the doors for his fellow guard and I before stepping back and hitting the button for floor five.

"Where are you taking her?" Emerson asked as if I wasn't stood right behind him.

"Floor three, Sir."

Emerson pressed the corresponding button, then we all waited.

The red digits above the door flashed 5, as we jerked to a halt. I had to refrain from following after Emerson and rooted myself to the spot. I needed to find out where Monty would be held, but I couldn't just walk away from my guard. Well, I could if he was unconscious.

When we got to my room I didn't hesitate to turn on him and punch him twice followed by a kick to the chest. Since he was caught off guard I had enough time to shove him towards the bed whilst stealing his radio and keycard. I darted for the door and quickly slammed it shut. The keypad beside it flashed prompting me to scan the card and press a red rimmed button to lock it.