○Eleven○

Bellamy

Clarke, Octavia, Finn, Murphy and myself all stood around a room watching Abby staring sternly at us. Anger and disappointment carved their way across Abby's face leaving her with stress lines. With her crossed arms she took a rigid step forward and finally addressed us.

"You're all in a lot of trouble. After I distinctly told you kids not to leave, you disobeyed my orders and left the camp without notifying anyone! Not only that, four of you left to get these two," Abby pointed at Finn and Murphy. "Who shouldn't have been out there in the first place, and only five of you came back."

A growing anger and frustration was growing in Abby. It was visible in her burning eyes and the way she held herself. I could only compare it to the rage and frustration a parent must feel when their children disobey them constantly, but amplified. Abby was the chancellor and she was responsible for everybody.

"What happened out there?"

I waited for somebody to speak up. I waited for anybody to explain, because I couldn't. I couldn't explain why Eden was at the top of a cliff, when I knew she feared heights, and why my sister had pushed her.

"I asked you all a question! What happened out there?"

"Don't look at us." Murphy leant against the wall and gestured between himself and Finn. "We weren't there."

"Yeah. You were too busy shooting up a village of grounders," Octavia spat.

Murphy scoffed. "I'd bite my tongue if I were you, because it sounds like you're the one that threw Eden off the side of a cliff. And, you can't claim self defense, because she was half way to being a cripple."

"Hold on." Abby interjected. "You massacred a Grounder village?" Abby looked like she was about to burst every angry vein in her head.

Clarke diverted her solemn eyes and stared at the floor. Octavia looked mad, Finn still looked somewhat insane, and Murphy held his hands up in surrender.

"Don't look at me. I didn't fire one shot."

Finn shot Murphy an astonished glare, probably how quick Murphy was to throw him under the bus. "I did what I had to do."

"You didn't have to kill them. They were unarmed," Clark whispered. Her blue eyes shone with emotion.

"I did it for you. We were looking for you. That boy came charging at me, what was I supposed to do?" Finn rambled as if trying to convince himself too.

"Not leave camp in the first place and kill a village of Grounders. If they weren't coming for us before, then they will now."

Everybody went silent, again.

"Now, will somebody explain to me what happened with Eden. . . Clarke."

Clarke looked at her mum cluelessly. "I don't know. We left camp to find Murphy and Finn. It was getting late so we found somewhere to set up camp, then in the morning Bellamy and Eden had a disagreement so she went off. I wanted to give her time to cool off. Later, Octavia went to get her, but they were taking too long so Bellamy and I went to find them. When we showed up Eden was falling over the edge of the cliff. Bellamy wanted to go in after her but I stopped him. Eden was unconscious. The current swept her away and we didn't know where it would end."

"What was your disagreement about Bellamy?"

I shut my eyes and let my own angry, cold voice ring in the darkness. The last thing I ever said to Eden. "She wasn't some sick, impulsive, cold killer. She wasn't a monster!" Eden's crumbling expression seared itself into my brain. It wasn't like that night I'd caught her off guard by her little pool. This time I could feel all her pain radiating off her and cutting up my heart. It looked like something cracked in her, something that would be irreparable. "Eden!" Then she disappeared over the edge.