셋 Monster

I walk around the Palace with a mission already created in my mind, okay I have two hours to figure out who is an enemy and who is a friend. I've already met everyone so far Hae Soo seems like a clear friend, the King seems like an enemy. I pause and look at one of the walls on the outskirt of the Palace, I turn back to the court ladies who stand behind me.

"I wish to walk alone," I say, they all stay, "I said leave, before I make you," I say more harshly, they now listen and run off quickly with their heads held low. I just want a little freedom, is that too much? This morning was so suffocating, breakfast with the King and the two Queens made me literally want to drown in the lake here. 

I walk towards the fence and prompt myself up, I better not ruin this Hanbok or else Jang will kill me, like literally kill me. I jump over and land with a huff, I clap my hands together, satisfied with myself. Where to now? Home? I couldn't possibly lea-Oh? Aren't they Goreyo soldiers? 

I follow quietly behind, I wonder what they're up to. I hold up the bottom of my Hanbok with my hands, I follow them to a small opening in the forest. My eyes stay on the men, they all surround- oh my, is that man dead? 

A Prince from last night walks over to the body, I move my head to get a better look at who it is. Prince Wang Yo? What's he doing here? I watch closely to see him lift his weapon up high..uhhh is he going to-

"AH!" 

yep he just. Oh my lord.

My eyes go wide when I realise he's spotted me, he looks towards my hiding spot. I'm so dead. I quickly step back, he quickly moves too. Oh shit. Luckily I'm on the top of a hill so he won't be able to reach me quickly.

 Luckily I'm on the top of a hill so he won't be able to reach me quickly

I feel a hand on my mouth and another on my waist as I'm pulled back. Huh? I get dragged easily until they eventually let go, I turn quickly to see Wang Jung standing in front of me. Seondeok's friend?

"How dare you grab a Princess suddenly!" I scold but he puts a finger to his mouth quickly with a look so desperation, I stop my scolding to listen in to his words since he looks like he has something important to say.

"Here is a backdoor into the Palace, pretend you didn't see anything today, okay? And try to avoid Wang Yo, no one was meant to see what just happened," 

"Don't worry, I wasn't planning on telling anyone," I say as I look towards the back door, "Was it against the kings order?"

"Ye," Jung says lowly, "But you're no different, seeking out,"

"I'll keep quiet if you keep quit," I say, he nods his head, "Thanks," I say quickly before I go through the door. Once I'm back in the Palace I pat down my dress, who did he just murder? I've seen much weirder in the forests before, this isn't anything new. 

I should tell Seon-Wait should I? Jung said not to mention it...Ah I'll just focus on myself.

I walk past the courtesan house to see many beautiful girls laughing and chatting as they all hold cups of herbal tea in their hands. They all pause when they see me, gosh how intimidating. I'm meant to be the Princess. I shake my head and continue on through the Palace but my path is suddenly blocked, Princess Yeon-Hwa?

"Hello, sorry I wasn't able to introduce myself this morning," She says in a poor fake innocent voice, aigoo I can hear the word bitch too clearly, she should take some classes.

"It's okay, I didn't noice," I say with a sweet tone as I courtesy, "If you'll excuse me," I say brushing past easily, I look back to see her still standing still. She isn't used to being shut up, is she? I laugh to myself, that just makes it more fun. 

"Woah, Princess, I thought you were a lot nicer than that?" I look to see the Third Prince, oh no. He stands tall, still in his previous armour. I awkwardly laugh, he goes to walk past but when he gets close he whispers quietly, "Don't think I'll let this go," He then continues to walk on casually, I turn my head to look back in his direction.

My eyes then trail off to Yeon-Hwa who is also watching me, her eyes fixed angrily on Yo. She stomps off in his direction, I can already tell she must be all the Prince's darling Princess, that makes me want to take her position even more. 

Maybe I'm the monster.