십사 Who Are You

I watch the sky above, the weather is just as gloomy as yesterday

I watch the sky above, the weather is just as gloomy as yesterday. The wind blows on my face and my bare skin adapts quickly to the cold nature that seems to bring a mist of danger around me. I am prepared, I have to be. If something is going on, I must know. I have slowly realised that Jang may not be the leader I hoped she was.

I hear rustles, I turn to see Jin Yi wearing armour with a serious but slightly amused expression fixed on her face.

"Sister, if we discover something ugly today, promise me you won't break," She says, "We will definitely see something that will tear our hearts but it is our destiny,"

"What are you talking about?" I ask as I properly turn to her, she isn't joking.

"I can sense it, Unnie, we're not all on the same team," She says, "Lets get going before a storm ruins our plans," she says, I nod and I begin our trek into the forest.

-

We follow behind closely, the men all wear black and move in groups. Jin Yi puts up no complaints and follows quietly, she makes for a good partner. She suddenly holds onto my arm, I stop and look at her, she nods her head forward. I look to see the men have all stopped, Jin Yi and I crouch down.

I watch closely as a woman, dressed in elegant black clothing walks out in front of them. Who? Her face is covered yet she stands tall, powerful, and gracefully. Qualities only seen in ladies with significant class.

"Today, you men have marked your allegiance to me," She says, what the fuck? I watch as she draws a sword, "But, I need to know for certain, that you belong to me, not the King,"

My eyes go wide, treason?

I watch even closer as the woman takes the sword and cuts a mans arm, he doesn't even flinch, "Drink it," She intrust another, the man hesitates but then licks his arm. I can see Jin Yi cover her mouth in shock through my peripheral vision.

"They're removing their masks," Jin Yi whispers, I watch closely as I see the woman remove her hat, Jang? I stare in shock, what is she up to? Jin Yi seems to have no reaction but I am surprised by the sudden revelation. The men slowly remove their masks too, one takes longer than the others.

Wang Yo?

What is going on?

I take a step back from shock and Jin Yi catches me, shit we made a sound.

"We have to go, now," Jin says as she keeps her hand on mine and runs off in the forest, I follow her closely, keeping up with her pace. I look back once, Wang Yo looks around the forest, I know he heard us. Luckily he doesn't look in our direction so I turn my head and continue running.

A clap of thunder appears above us, I pause and Jin Yi halts. I look up just in time to feel the first drop of rain on my skin. It easily beats the fabric and I feel its sting, I take off my hat and close my eyes for a moment. Feeling the weather, its harsh awakening.

"Unnie, we don't have time to stop," She says as she hugs me, "I told you it'd be ugly," She says quietly into my ear.

"You're right, we can't stop now," I say as I let go of her and begin walking once again, she runs over to catch up and holds my hand as we walk back to the palace together.