이십 육 Empress

JIN YI POV

I watch the horror scene play before my eyes, I feel numb with pain as I realise I've lost. Everything is gong wrong, Nanseol was meant to live a happy life! There has to be someway around it, is it really too late? My theory is still that I can go back if I complete my task of saving her, I need to go back to my Eomma. 

"Jin Yi!" I turn to Eun who cries out to me, I watch as two of our soldiers grab his arms. Relax dumbass I won't kill you. I will, however, obey Nanseol. I know she isn't my real sister but it feels like she really is my family, it pains me to know this world is virtually fake but it also heals me. 

"Continue," I say coldly, I stand and watch them tie him up. My attention shifts to Wang Yo who is surprisingly not fighting back, "Whats this act?" I ask with a laugh as I walk closer to him. He looks straight ahead with a stern look as he lets the men tie him up.

"I won't kill Nanseol's men," He says, "Just let me see her," 

"You'll see her soon," I say as I crouch down, "I'll do it," I say as I take the ropes from the men, Yo rolls his eyes as I being trapping him instead, I wire the ropes around his wrists and he doesn't wince or make a sound, "You think that behaving good will make everything alright?"

"This isn't you," He says, "I don't know much about you and I don't really care who you are but I do know that-"

"That I'm harmless?"

"No, that you don't want our two Kingdoms to fight," He says, "I know you grew close to Hae Soo, you were practically always with her. There's no way you would do this knowing you could kill her husband and her family,"

"You would know a lot about killing family," I say simply as I finish knot, "Are they all done?" I ask as I turn to view the courtyard. Many soldiers lay dead whilst the Princes are all tied and alive with minor injuries. 

"OUR HIGHNESS ENTERS!" I look ahead and line up with my sisters as we await Nanseol's enterance. She walks into view, my eyes drift to Wang Yo who stares with concern and shock.

"Greet the Empress or else you'll die," Seondeok says to the Princes with a smirk, they all stare with shock as they bow in front of her

"Nanseol!" Wang Yo yells, she doesn't look at him or even show any emotion. Is this the beginning of the insanity? How scary. I watch her closely. 

"The men of Goreyo will be shown no mercy for their ruthless acts against our Late King and Queen," She says to everyone, "As your new leader I will ensure greatness for the Palace!" 

"All hail the new Empress!" I yell quickly, everyone soon follows as they all repeat after me and bow. One minister sits up straight again,

"Its only her first day and she has already captured our enemies!" He yells, they other all hoorah and bow. I look to Seondeok who wears a proud smirk and Jang who surprisingly looks proud of Nanseol too, sadly I cannot share the same feelings as I know what awaits.

"Imprision the men, we will investigate into the murder of my mother," She says, with that she walks away.

"Wait Nanseol!" Yo yells as he tries to break free, the men just grapple him again and hold him in place. 

"Remember, if they're annoying you can kill them," Jang says with a laugh before she walks away in the direction of Nanseol, I walk towards her and grab her arm.

"Why are you going after her?" I ask, Jang looks at me and rolls her eyes.

"To get the kid to give me the crown, she probably doesn't even want it," Jang says, "Why?"

"Jang she will kill you," I warn, Jang looks at me with wide eyes, "You know better than others that my predictions come true, Jang that Empress is not our baby Seol, she wants that crown and will kill anyone who comes between her and it,"

"Because of the King, right?" Seondeok asks, I nod, "Makes sense, maybe her and Wang Yo were a perfect couple after all,"

"I think they were," I say quietly as I look over to him being taken away by guards, "Seondeok, Jang, I have no choice but to tell you the truth right now,"

"What truth?" Seondeok asks.

"I was given a power from the Gods," I say, "My ability to sense the future, better than any other astrologer,"

"O, I know already. You always know whats about to happen, why were you blessed with a vision?"

"Nanseol and Wang Yo were made for each other,"

"His family murdered our parents!"

"Thats not his family!" I yell back, "You think that King gives two fucks about those kids? Nanseol's future is dark, our stars have been hard to find these days,"

"What does that mean?" Seondeok asks.

"I need to see Hae Soo," I say, "Seondeok can you arrange that?"

"She'll have to be a prisoner,"

"Just get her here and make sure those Princes are safe in their prison cells,"

"why?" Seondeok asks,

"Nanseol will burn their whole palace,"

"And?" Jang asks.

"She'll kill us too,"

"YE?"

"Trust me, I'm never wrong just get Hae Soo here before anything happens to that place," I instruct, "Nanseol will probably appoint me as her right-hand so thats an order," I say before I turn and walk towards her quarters. 

I need to make sure she is still sane.

I walk in to see her sitting on her bed staring at the fireplace, is this when she gets the idea? How scary! Ah I hate it.

"Empress," I say with a bow, she looks and me and smiles softly, OH IS SHE OKAY? Daebak, I would've gone insane by now, "Remarkable job, I know the late Queen would be proud," I say as I was closer, I hesitantly sit opposite her.

"Are the Princes locked away?" She asks, I nod, "Make sure they're well fed," HUH?

"Ye?" I ask surprised, she chuckles.

"What? Did you think I'd starve them?"

"O,"

"I need some time to figure out how to go about this," She says, "The King is still alive, I will await his recovery," Oh sweetie he's gonna die, "For now I need to think about how to punish their kingdom,"

"Please show mercy," I suddenly say as I jump to the ground, "Please, the King's crime do not reflect the whole Palace," She laughs, I look up.

"Get up, seriously its annoying," She says, "I don't even know how to punish a whole Kingdom," 

"Good,"

"I only punish those who deserve it," She says.

"What about Wang Yo?" Her face shifts, "Do you really not love him anymore?"

"Love is for the weak," She says, "I wish to get some rest,"